The Happy Mutant's Filmgoer's and Video Viewer's Companion

4 Likes

No trailer yet, but here is a review! I hope a distributor picks it up at Fantastic Fest!!

5 Likes

Since today is a shitty Holocaust anniversary:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0216879/?ref_=ext_shr

The whole short film is on YouTube:

Highly recommended, even if it is a tough watch. The ending in particular is an absolute gut-punch that is guaranteed to lodge itself in your memory.

5 Likes

Watched this a couple nights ago. Lovely and weird.

eta:
Damn near impossible to explain.
Benign alien masters have taken over Earth.
They’re fascinated by love - they reproduce asexually.
Our heroes “sell” their love story.

And then it gets weird.

3 Likes

I’ll watch later, but I can guess what could occur with Poles and Jews at that time living in the same village.

2 Likes

ETA

3 Likes

Watched Streets Of Fire: A Rock & Roll Fable at long last.

I liked it but I wish the main character wasn’t played by a cardboard cutout. I think it’s true what they say it’s the most influential film nobody saw.

Why was Willem Dafoe wearing waders?

3 Likes

but that sledgehammer fight!

3 Likes

Yet another film that I’ll watch… but will have my raging, time-travel, guts urging me to pick up an uzi.

2 Likes

Absolutely fantastic soundtrack. Especially the two songs by Jim Steinman bookending the movie

4 Likes

The 59-year-old star recently read A Kestrel for a Knave, the book that inspired the 1969 film, for BBC Four.

He said Loach’s film of a boy who bonds with a kestrel had been the “most important cultural event” of his life.

The Salford-born actor added that it was the “greatest British film ever”.

The film, which was released a year after Barry Hines’s novel, won several awards when it was first released and was later ranked seventh in the British Film Institute’s list of the 100 greatest British films of the 20th Century.

5 Likes

He’s so great… I really wish he’d gotten a second season (though I understand why he left)…

Happy Doctor Who GIF by Temple Of Geek

He was great as the second coming of Jesus, too…

8 Likes

The other day I watched the spiritual successor to the brilliant Black Dynamite.

It might take me another watch or two to appreciate Outlaw Johnny Black as much, but it was still a good time.

5 Likes

And Kes is even greater!

4 Likes
3 Likes

I get very upset that I have to subscribe to a streaming service to watch just one movie.

3 Likes
5 Likes

With netflix’s DVD service coming to an end this week, I was thinking about alternatives… has anyone heard of this place?

They are out in Seattle, but they ship across the country… story about them:

Just curious if anyone has used their service and what they think of it, if so.

2 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes