The hidden gems of game platform Steam

How about Stories Untold? That finally came out this year.

Or Beholder, which is sort of a mashup of This War of Mine (also great) and Papers, Please (also great). The sequel comes out this year.

2 Likes

Yeah the video i watched talks about how different they are. One more meticulous, slow paced gameplay while the other is frantic and fast. But i think both are likely to pique the interest from a person that likes either game, so whenever i’m able to i’ll definitely check Hollow Knight out :slight_smile: thanks for the tip on the DLC i’ll try it out vanilla first.

In the latest sale I ended up with about seventeen games on my wishlist under $5, a number that were only a dollar, and still didn’t buy any. I have unplayed games in my account to get through, first. With current PC game pricing, it’s no longer cost but time that becomes the big stumbling block.

I think I have about 300 unplayed games on Steam alone. This is insane. I’m trying to come up with strategies to figure out when I should stop playing a game even though I haven’t finished it, but have a sense of the game. If games didn’t feel the need to put in filler to pad out their playtime, it would really help.

Steam sales made me realize that PC games are basically worthless at this point.

1 Like

Some of them will let you, but you will need to find out which ones. Some of them are listed in the link below, and anything that uses DOSBox or ScummVM will be DRM free.

GOG.com is probably a more reliable source.

2 Likes

My children swear by Hollow Knight and Undertale.

5 Likes

Stories untold is superb. I recently finished it and though the text parser is a bit janky trying to understand what you want to do it’s still well worth playing for the atmosphere of creeping dread, the lovely retro look to everything and a very satisfying story. I agree with pcgamer - we need more anthology series in games.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.