The hilarious dichotomy between male and female ads

Originally published at: The hilarious dichotomy between male and female ads | Boing Boing

5 Likes
9 Likes

Moi8Rpr

28 Likes

The ads tell you a lot more about the people who make them than they do about the target audience, that’s for sure.

8 Likes

Loving this highlight. Here’s a brief list of some of the M&W hits. I’ve left off “Are we the baddies” because it gets regular play in the comments.

9 Likes

The video described the ads as being for for men and women. Not that the ads themselves are male or female. How would that even work?

15 Likes

Kristen Bell Idk GIF by Team Coco

14 Likes

It’s easy to tell them apart: the female ads earn less than the male ads for the same work, and they’re responsible for all the unpaid labor. :roll_eyes:

35 Likes

Sad Kristen Bell GIF

19 Likes

They’d better look good or there’ll be trouble!!

17 Likes

Okay, but what if the look of the ad presented as a man, but deep down, the ad knows it’s a woman? Will the FTC get involved?

11 Likes

I was completely ignorant of the brilliance of David Mitchell until I stumbled across the gem of a UK Panel Show “Would I lie to you?” last year. Since then, my partner and I have not only binged that show, but so much more of Mitchell’s work. I think what’s amazing to me is that many of the videos of his bits on YT are approaching a decade old now, and are still as relevant now as they were then. So, given his usual subject matter, maybe it’s not that amazing that nothing has changed… :confused:

…but he’s amazing nonetheless :slight_smile:

21 Likes

The hilarious dichotomy

Once again, I have to seriously question the author’s sense of “humor.”

11 Likes

Most hilarious example I’ve seen in a long time. Try to guess what it’s an ad for before it’s revealed at the end of the ad.

16 Likes

Whaaaat?

20 Likes

It’s a bit of a wtf, isn’t it? I didn’t want to link to the official ad on youtube, since the title and everything will give it away. The full ad is another full minute long, don’t know why that twitter version doesn’t show the whole thing.

7 Likes

Wow, that really is an awful female ad.

Wait, it’s an awful ad for women.

(Can female ads produce baby ads?)

20 Likes

You have to wait the full 9 months, no skipping.

15 Likes

Because no matter what you’re inventing or own, you’d better figure out how to profit from it and dominate the competition? :woman_facepalming:t4:

17 Likes

Exactly. Without huge cash prizes as the primary motivation, no one would ever invent anything.

/s

17 Likes