The hip neighborhoods of America and beyond

Not cool. Man… why couldn’t skilled blue collar people descend upon some area and “gentrify” it their own way. Fix it up real nice. You know… 'cause their hands-on aptitude is not limited by what they read on Instructables.com

Oh, OK, with the text modified to fit the story. Didn’t notice that yesterday. Cool, thanks!

When I saw your map I hoped someone had done all the maps. No Mpls!

Nice B4morningside map there.

I do say, the sample size issue does seem to scew their results to the established hipster neighborhoods rather than the urban pioneer hipster neightborhoods.

I think a lot of cities see neighborhoods at different level of being the hot spot. For instance the old Hippie neighborhoods with folks that bought cheap in the 60’s and 70’s with established gay community, like Shadyside in Pgh is more like uptown Mpls now. New hipster-ism hoods populated by makers and artists is more like Lawrence, pgh and Northeast, Mpls. having only ever been to one Williamsburg party I think that is what they are looking for.

Isn’t Powderhorn our DUMBO and Cedar Riverside our Bushwick?

This game may require more detailed knowledge of the neighborhoods of Brooklyn than I actually possess.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.