The Humble Unicorn Bundle, get great, DRM-free fantasy novels, support environmental causes

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/22/bruce-coville-too.html

1 Like

You might recall that Mr. Beagle’s fortunes seemed to be looking up not so long ago:

…But, unfortunately, the truth is considerably darker.

So when this says “Presented by Peter S. Beagle” I would be gravely concerned about what might be going on behind the scenes. But I already have enough unread books kicking around to be wary of kicking in more funds anyway.

2 Likes

Hi, Boyett here. This bundle was created through the hard work of Jacob Weisman of Tachyon Press and an awful lot of back and forth with the authors, their publishers, and the folks at Humble Bundle.

It’s commendable that people would have concerns about Peter Beagle being taken advantage of. That isn’t the case here; I can’t imagine any author involved in this Bundle coming within shooting distance of it if it were.

It would be a shame if misplaced concerns actually prevented sales of this Bundle. Yes, I’m the author of one of the books. So is Peter Beagle.

3 Likes

I have seen this bundle explicitly being plugged as a way to help Peter S. Beagle with expenses, by directing bundle payment 100% to Tachyon Press.

Meanwhile, Beagle just had a day in court which doesn’t seem to bode well for the future of the suit he filed.

It does seem clear someone’s been taking advantage of Beagle, but we’ll have to wait 'til the wheels of justice finish grinding slow but fine to find out exactly who it was.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.