The incredible Bob Baker Marionette Theatre is coming to Knott's Berry Farm this summer

Originally published at: The incredible Bob Baker Marionette Theatre is coming to Knott's Berry Farm this summer | Boing Boing

I was todays day old when I learned that Knot’s Berry Farm is still a thing…

1 Like

The opening line of that video is incredible. Kind of makes me think about the things that I’ve continued to enjoy since being a kid differently. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well you’ve got to have something to keep people occupied while they wait for a table at Mrs Knott’s Chicken restaurant.

1 Like

I’ve been to the Bob Baker Marionette Theater. It’s like a time capsule to 1975. The puppet performances are remarkable, but the whole thing has a bit of a creepy vibe to it. I’m 50+, and going there felt like I was 7 or 8, and re-experiencing a part of my childhood that I DID NOT EXPERIENCE in the first place.

For folks who have grown up with it, I can absolutely see how it would stick like Gorilla Glue in the mind of post-toddler-to-tween. But for me, it was just… super, super weird.

2 Likes

This post shot circuited the cynical side of my brain… got nothing.

Beautiful

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.