The Incrementalists: Steven Brust and Skyler White's wonderful novel about an immortal secret society who meddle to make the world better

[Permalink]

Am I the only one who thinks it odd that there is already a novel written by a Breaking Bad character?

No. No, you're not.

It's good she has moved on. That woman has been through enough.

I'm glad she's decided to keep Walt's name for the notoriety in her new career as a novelist, though.

I had the opportunity to get my hands on an advance copy of the story. It really is a great read, and I will be buying the H/C in order to have a nice permanent edition of it.

So that's why she asks marie about her stories.

This was a lovely and thoughtful review of the book, esp the bits about the theory and philosophy underpinning the story.

Note to BB readers: our Skye had the name first! smile

Brust's The Sun, the Moon, and the Stars is a retelling of Hungarian folklore. This new book looks to be the third time he is retelling that tale. Having fallen into the vortex of Hungarian folklore, I can understand the need to dip into that well. Deep stuff from the last tribal nation of Europe who came from nobody knows where.

The real question is, are several of the BB principals Incrementalists, or just Mark?

Waiting for the release, I started rereading the Vlad Taltos books in chronological order... so now it's sitting in front of me, and I won't be able to tear myself away from the Cycle for a couple more books to get to it. I wish someone would make an Anime series out of these. They're absolutely perfect for the medium.

Kind of sounds like plot points from Being John Malkovich.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.