The "Into the Wild Bus" is gone

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/22/the-into-the-wild-bus-is-g.html

4 Likes

Antifa AirCav!

“I love the smell of patchouli in the morning…”

13 Likes

As long as that Idiot Magnet is moved somewhere where it’s harder for morons to injure themselves far from a hospital I’m happy.

15 Likes

The “Into the Wild Bus” is gone

8 Likes

I haven’t read the book. If the area is so remote and dangerous, how did a bus get out there to begin with?

4 Likes

The bus was airlifted out with the last bunch of tourists inside. The Army spokesperson explained that they will be airdropped from the bus onto an island, but declined to identify which.

5 Likes

It was part of an old and now abandoned mining operation IIRC.

8 Likes

I’m a little surprised there wasn’t a gift shop with t-shirts and a smoothie machine set up to greet these idiots. Another example of a missed opportunity…can you imagine the mark-up!!!

3 Likes

I’m going to cash in by making a fleet of “Into the Wild Bus” food trucks. The menu ideas are endless.

5 Likes

Man I hated that movie. My only outdoors training is what I got in the boy scouts 25 years ago, and even I could see he was making bad decision after bad decision.

I’m surprised he lived as long as he did up there.

10 Likes

I never made it past Cub Scouts. Way too rough and tumble for the Sheldon in me. Did get to go to a Jamboree tho.

1 Like

“Literally anything edible” I should think would be popular.

8 Likes

Hear hear. I know it’s unrelated, but it’s wonderful to see yet another monument to white privilege being demolished.

2 Likes

“Poison berries are market price…Be courteous, shiver elsewhere…Guacamole extra”

4 Likes

Talk about a missed opportunity. If people are literally dying to see it, why not move it to an easily accessible place and charge admission?

2 Likes

It could be cross-promoted by placing it on the Tiger King zoo property. All your “folks should stop messing around with apex predators” shopping in one convenient stop!

1 Like

The 49th State Brewery near Denali Park, Alaska has the bus that was used in the movie. Seems like a safer option. People can take a photo with the bus and then wander over and grab a pint.

8 Likes

Q: When is an abandoned bus like a tree knot that looks like the virgin Mary?

1 Like

“to an undisclosed location”
download

5 Likes

This. My wife and I watched the movie several years ago, and I can still get a good rant out of her by mentioning it.

Also, we explained the movie to my (then) 8-year-old stepdaughter - her reactions - “Aren’t maggots edible?” and “I would have shot the calf. Less meat to waste.”

So there you go - where my money’s bet in a “McCandless vs. an 8-year-old” death match.

7 Likes