The Last Bookstore in downtown Los Angeles is a cool, huge indy book bookstore

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/08/09/the-last-bookstore-in-downtown.html

2 Likes

Makes me nostalgic for A Change of Hobbit.

1 Like

I went there after I had jury duty in downtown LA. They have a great selection of both new and used books, and they are within a short walk to a MTA stop.

3 Likes

I was excited by a similar post to go there one Saturday. It’s not terrible, and you have to love any independent bookstores. But, seriously: “huge”? It’s really, really not. It’s medium-sized at best, with a very moderately sized collection of books that heavily skews towards some areas.

1 Like

What a fantastic post and video! I’m from LA, but have lived in Asia for almost 30 years and there aren’t any good bookstores, independent or otherwise. I really miss bookstores! And this fellow’s story is so inspirational. Next time I’m Stateside I will visit it and hopefully meet the owner too.

1 Like

As long as you’re going to be there, you should also go to the Bradbury Building It’s like a 6 minute walk (.3 miles( from The Last Bookstore.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.