The logic of a die-hard DJT investor

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/03/the-logic-of-a-die-hard-djt-investor.html

7 Likes

Truth Social has got quite a ways to go before it loses as much money as Twitter has under Musk, but I guess you gotta keep shooting for those stretch goals.

35 Likes
21 Likes

Why does it cost $58 million to run Truth Social for a year?

Internet connections
Servers
Ad sellers
Content Moderators
Server administrators
Developers
graphic artists
rent/mortgage
HR department
$50,000,000 salary for Devin Nunes

30 Likes

A pirate’s life? Yo ho?

13 Likes

You left out trump grifting fees.

17 Likes

Hodl Crypto GIF

3 Likes

If you can’t trust a pirate with your retirement savings; who can you trust?

18 Likes

It’s fraud all the way down!

10 Likes

I was going to say you’re quite lucky, you could have ended up with some serious damage to your bung hole.

9 Likes

game of thrones hbo GIF

6 Likes

What does him (supposedly) being a Christian have to do with shorting? This is a sure-fire sign of a scammer, and/or a moron.

16 Likes

Sounds like some prosperity doctrine bullshit…

Seems very anti-Jesus, but it’s pretty wide-spread in America…

19 Likes

Of COURSE it’s “stabilized” in the $45-47 range.

I’ll bet buyers (trained in Qanon pseudo-gematria) are way more likely to place limit orders to buy at about $45 or $47 (or at $45.47 specifically) than at $44, $46, or $48. Because Trump was the 45th president and if they just keep buying the stock maybe he’ll get to be #47, too! That’s how financial markets work, right?

Anyway, there’s got to be a hedge fund out there who has found a way to make money off of that.

16 Likes

If “Truth” scales up, they could easily lose more money than Twitter, given the user/costs ratio.

I think the reality is probably more grotesque/absurd. While they have absurdly high operating costs, much of their expenditures is paying off interest - which means they took out absolutely fucking massive loans to set up a (free) Mastodon instance. So where did that money go?

It’s all grifting fees (only some are for Trump, though).

10 Likes

The Saudi’s buy shares, the price goes up, Orange Julius Caesar sells his at an inflated price. The Saudi’s are in OJC’s good graces and OJC can pay his “bills.”

The company eventually fails but they don’t care, it’s mission accomplished and the regulations around giving money to a presidential candidate or an actual :nauseated_face: president don’t apply.

Edit: And for some, maybe not the Saudi’s, there would be a business loss. Thanks taxpayers!

8 Likes

People were still buying the garbage even after the fraud news.

7 Likes

My understanding is that the people who actually make money on securities refer to these guys as “noise traders” and appreciate their willingness to hold the bag.

I can only imagine that some of them are absolutely in stitches at the idea of rubes paying retail-scale transaction fees in order to lose money being ‘populist’.

1 Like

I think this was the pastor’s inspiration for the pirate theme

5 Likes

Real pirates had health insurance, mutual aid networks, and other social safety nets. They probably did better than these yutzes.

5 Likes