The Metamodernism of Hanzi Freinacht

It does seem like certain movements these days like to take a phrase or term from the humanities or academia and co-opt or redefine it as needed to serve their agenda.

14 Likes

So, when does this so-called Nordic Ideology take hold?

These new patterns of political thought are emerging in many parts of the world, but are especially manifest and concentrated around the culturally progressive Scandinavian countries. These countries are exemplary in the sense that they have prerequisites for beginning to create the next layer of welfare, one that includes people’s psychological interests.

4 Likes

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by NBC

It’s pseudo-intellectualism, at best…

8 Likes

Thanks for the info and welcome!

4 Likes

Metamodernism. Seriously, I thought that Post-postmodernism was the term used to file away the current zeitgeist under. Was the hyphenation and the confusion as to what to capitalize really that big of a problem?

2 Likes

“it is dangerous to squeeze the situation in the US straight into our context,"

Understatement.

7 Likes

But is it necessarily mutually exclusive? One would imagine that such an Übermensch might find ways to be right and nice at the same time – after all I see a whole lot of “normal” people do that in their daily lives without much effort.

I also remember vaguely that pissing people off is not the best way of teaching them something – except for teaching them you are an asshole.

True. The post about Hanzi Freinacht contains almost 2000 words, but I’m having a hard time finding anything of substance here. Nothing that a five-year-old could be bothered to listen to. They’d just turn away and do something else.

Having seen my fair share of cults, this sure looks like one of them. It contains a lot of vague stuff that people can relate to and get enthusiastic about, and because it’s so vague you can fill it with your own meaning. Most people will let it go after a while, but those who stick with it can then be milked.

8 Likes

Honestly, after reading this article I was swearing that someone was putting me on.

9 Likes

I got the same vibe. The poster’s other BB articles, when taken as a whole, may allow one to determine if the Hanzi article is a put-on.

2 Likes

Übermensch? Hanzi is a muppet.

7 Likes

Nailed It GIF by MOODMAN

7 Likes

Imagine my surprise when I opened a book entitled, “Nordic Walking”?!

8 Likes

Well. at least Quisling walked it.

3 Likes

Do the Goebbels shuffle!

5 Likes

Sad Kristen Bell GIF

5 Likes

Just FYI, and this is not to convince you otherwise, just to inform you because you didn’t read on: Hanzi Freinacht is not a real person, he’s the creation of two authors. So I guess they can fuck right off.

8 Likes

Not without a kick in the ass first. Juvenile fuckwads.

7 Likes

So… what, is this book a roman-a-clef featuring a thinly disguised Jordan Peterson or something? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

is this really a new thing, or is it just time for a new thing, because there is a new generation of critics, so here’s a new word

3 Likes

There’s at least one book with “Nordic” in the title that doesn’t end in Nazism: The Nordic Theory of Everything.

It’s really inspiring and calls for 0 genocide. Good stuff.

4 Likes