The Moonman clear acrylic demonstrator looks good and writes well

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/29/the-moonman-clear-acrylic-demo.html

1 Like

That’s a great deal if it’s a good writer! I started with a similarly inexpensive Lamy Joy (also a very good writer), and more recently splurged on a Franklin-Christoph Marietta 20 with a broad italic nib hand-finished by nib master Michael Masuyama. Writes like a dream!

I really like the brown inks, like Monteverde Copper Noir and Pelikan Brilliant Braun.

2 Likes

I think my wife would really like this, and it’s not terribly priced. Thanks!

They look cool but are they really as functional as the best regular pen?

How is the body diameter of this pen?

I love fountain pens, but, like the orange shitgibbon, have smaller hands for a guy, and am not a huge fan of the enormous bodies that seem to come on most fountain pens.

My current daily work pen is a Lamy CP1 with an extra fine nib and noodler’s bulletproof polar eel ink.

1 Like

I’d definitely buy this if my penmanship did not truly suck.

Same - and I’ve not had great results writing left-handed with this kind of pen, though the last time I tried was a while ago.

There are some pretty amazing inks nowadays. Depending on what nib size you prefer, there may be one that flows nicely and dries fast enough to use left handed.

There are some pretty awesome ink review sites online nowadays if you google fountain pen ink reviews.

I’d love one of these, sadly there isn’t anyone who will sell one to me here in the U.K.!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.