The most dangerous city in each European country

The Most Dangerous City in Each European Country

I dug crime databases in 16 European countries and came to some surprising conclusions

There are at least 44 countries on Europe.

10 Likes

Huh? Do you mean next to the station where the KvK is?

The most dangerous city in Europe is the city whose football team just won a match, followed in a close second by the city whose team lost.

6 Likes

Been there, in both meanings. What a way to wake up. At first I thought the boat (Bavaria 42) would sink. Then I thought we had drifted out to sea during the night.

3 Likes

Honestly, it’s going to be the one where the match was held, regardless of whether their team won or lost.

7 Likes

High crime rate of course, as the only residents left are all now sleeping with the fishes…

1 Like

The reasons the article gives for why Frankfurt figures so high in German crime statistics are, charitably speaking, bogus. The actual reasons are:

• Frankfurt is where the German credit card clearing company is located, so pretty much anything to do with credit card fraud anywhere in Germany drives up the Frankfurt crime statistics, and
  • Frankfurt has Germany’s main international airport, so Frankfurt gets all sorts of airport-related crime (like drug running or rare-animal/art/fake-Rolex smuggling) that other places don’t tend to get.

Frankfurt isn’t more or less dangerous than any similarly-sized city in Germany. There are certainly not gangs of impoverished immigrants or unemployed youths roaming the place and rendering it unsafe. The suggestion that it is a hotbed of crime committed by “international criminals” from France, Belgium, or (gasp) Luxembourg is too ludicrous to deserve comment.

7 Likes

Yes. Actually, it might be right where the round newer part of the KVK building is. Otherwise it was behind that - there’s a rotating bridge there where they put a building (used to be a restaurant) and a bunch of office buildings behind that which didn’t exist in the early aughts. But, my memory is vague and fallible. Sometimes I make shit up in my head that seems pretty real. I also haven’t ever heard of the Sint Annekerkplein either.

My partner also remembers in the late '90s that there were street walkers behind the Central Station which meant leering propositions from people driving by if you happened to be walking there.

1 Like

It must have been in the Westerdok neighborhood - here are some pictures:

But, when it was looking dubious was probably after the squatters left and before everything was torn down.

1 Like

So, Glasgow after a Rangers/Celtic match then :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yikes. That would have to rank right up there with an average small town in America on a weekday.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.