The much improved logo for the Rangers Football Club

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/27/the-much-improved-logo-for-the.html

1 Like

i just hope the queen’s park rangers keep the pink outfits. they’re so easy to see!

1 Like

They might as well have a new logo, because they’re a new club, established in 2012, who really have no connection to the old logo that was used by a now-defunct organisation.

3 Likes

I do think that by making the inner part surrounding lion circular rather than a bulging squarish shape obscures the fact that the area around the lion is supposed to represent an old, 18 panel football.

2 Likes

Years ago, I read a Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers comic in which Fat Freddie ends up in Glasgow and falls in with a bunch of Rangers fans – who are wearing hooped red and yellow shirts. (Yes, this issue was in colour.)

I rolled my eyes at the evident lack of research and read on – to discover that these “Rangers fans” were, in fact, international terrorists, and it was they who hadn’t done their research, as evidenced by the in-strip news announcement warning viewers to look out for four men in Partick Thistle tops.

I was impressed.

4 Likes

They have some strong competition from Iceland’s national football team, and their recent new logo of the four cardinal guardian creatures.

4 Likes

Suddenly the design of Kingsley makes sense

2 Likes

That’s a great idea for a logo but I like the representation of the 4 landvættir on the country’s coat of arms even better.

3 Likes

Ever watch a video and then smack your forehead and say “Oh, I get it now. That video was not meant for me.”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.