The Muppets perform Nine Inch Nails' Closer

Yeah, that struck me as a glaring oversight in an otherwise well done video, really.

2 Likes

The Nine Inch Snails is much better.

6 Likes

Then there is Rita Moreno putting Animal in his place

5 Likes

I think subversive is the right word.

Rowlf and Kermit might sing cynically about women, love, and sex, but they don’t hit you over the head with it.

I don’t mean to scare ya, my friend, but I betcha
Come “Father’s Day”, the litter bug’s gonna getcha;
The urge is righteous, but the face is wrong.
I hope that somethin’ better comes along.
Still, it’s fun when they’re fetching,
And agree to see an etching
That you keep at your lily pad.
There is no solution, it’s part of evolution,
The pitter patter of soles
The little feet of tadpoles.

4 Likes

Thoroughly enjoyed that! It seems that the sound is 6 quarter notes off from the video. Drove me crazy because that hi-hat was the only thing in time! Edit: finger snaps at the beginning too.

3 Likes

Anytime a Muppet swears I giggle .
Never lose your inner 12 year old…

1 Like

I don’t care how you slice it this clip was great. That’s from a child of the 70s and 80s.

I’m going to post Cookie Monster’s “God’s Away on Business” again, because there might still be someone who has missed it.

Unfortunate that the cookiewaits experiment stopped with Hell Broke Luce; there is a rich vein to be mined.

As for Closer, my preferred rendition is from Weird Al’s Alternative Polka, which I first encountered in an FLCL AMV for some reason.

5 Likes

I would guess because FLCL is the very definition of batshit craziness in animated form.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.