The NRA and its slippery slope

Man there is no arguing against gun ownership eh? People will keep fucking dying and no one will change a god damn thing. Not health care, not police practices, not judicial reform, not bigotry, not racism, not sexism, not ignorance, not negligence. The NRA will only care about laws that have the word gun in them, and their supporters who are not burdened by people fucking dying will do the same.

It is hard to change minds. It’s easier to take away dangerous toys. And they can get taken away, cause this is not a hill they want to die on.

You are correct, it was March for our lives- I had wanted to include the fearmongering that NRA does engage in around BLM- I donked it up in my comment. So here is it:

"Violence in South Africa is “kind of a warning for what could happen in the United States if we continue to let this get out of control, to go down this path of this racial tension,” Holton said. “This racial hatred that is being forced on the American culture by the Black Lives Matter crowd.”

I don’t know him personally. The NRA rhetoric is racist as hell. He might be willing to overlook that due to his feelings about gun ownership, but that doesn’t negate the racism.

Progressive allies disagreeing who are anti-gun aren’t parrots or lakeys of the democratic party. Gun control is not racism, especially since:

“A recent PEW survey found that 68 percent of black Americans support gun-control today while only 24 percent support unrestricted gun rights—the percentages were 42 percent and 51 percent for white Americans.”

http://www.jonathanmetzl.com/the-nra-and-black-people/

And I shouldn’t even have to add that the Democratic party has never even gotten close to the racist rhetoric of the NRA, up to and including promoting discredited theories about black people being intelligently inferior. Refrences are included in the Media Matters link above.

I’m tired of being talked down to about magazine sizes “scary guns” by gun people-Killer Mike included- and fearmongering about the government, which he engages in. There is room to talk about the reasons behind systemic violence and gun control.

7 Likes

That’s not the endgame. The real endgame is much worse. They want Barrack Obama, the first Black President, to come to your house in his Black Helicopter. Then you’ll be taken to a FEMA camp in a Black site and be forced to gay-marry New Black Panthers so you can get death panels on your shiny Black Obama phone while George Soros and his Black Ops Blackshirts do terrible things to Our Precious White Women ™. And you’ll be defenceless because Muh Gunz.

Did I say “Black” enough times?
That’s not much of an exaggeration from the Naked Rage Association’s current rhetoric.

1 Like

Oh hey, speaking of Responsible Gun Owners and endemic systemic racism…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.