TOM THE DANCING BUG: Needs more guns

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/07/13/tom-the-dancing-bug-needs-mor.html
Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH America needs more guns…

4 Likes

Truly if this our future be, and we all have firearms on our waists and in our purses…

…I will develop a necklace/locket with a touch payment system in the locket portion.

Truly.

3 Likes

27 Likes

Is it just me or does this look like a New Yorker cover? One that could be captioned “Christ, what a bunch of assholes.”

10 Likes

“Are we the baddies?”

15 Likes

19 Likes

Late Stage Capitalism.

7 Likes

Oddly enough, after the Dallas shooting, the NRA did not bring out its usual argument about how more guns would have prevented this, because there were plenty of guns, and a good guy with a gun did not stop a bad guy with a gun.

20 Likes

It’s frustrating sometimes when you see an interesting-looking GIF and have no hope of finding the original video source, isn’t it?

5 Likes

“Is the baby armed? Well, needs more guns, then.” - The NRA

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a robot with a bomb (after the bad guy with a gun shot a whole bunch of other people with guns)?

13 Likes

I only know what Zardoz has told me.

8 Likes

Zardoz speaks to you!

7 Likes

… like a Christian Afghanistan.

3 Likes

That’s a bit harsh, when was the last time Afghanistan invaded another country?

15 Likes

Once we finally have enough guns, we will indeed be safe from gun violence. It will be impossible to shoot anyone - or, indeed, to move - because of all the guns in the way!

2 Likes

Maybe that was the intent?

3 Likes

I think we need this here too, come to think of it.

10 Likes

I think it’s a nod to Robert Crumb. At least the lettering at the top.

1 Like

Perfectly sums up America : people have the right to own a gun to protect themselves from people who have the right to own a gun to protect themselves from people who have the right to own a gun to protect themselves from people who have the right to own a gun to protect themselves…

9 Likes

Someone needs to write a story where guns are the grey goo that replicate out of control like a cancerous growth, transforming all matter into firearms and bullets until all the humans are suffocated in guns and starved from lack of food sources. The moral of the story will be told by the now-sentient gun species: “Now that the humans are gone, they’re not around to kill anyone anymore.”

9 Likes