The Ongoing Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes

There is precedent in North Carolina for seeking a severe penalty for someone who put false information on an early voting application.

Latisha Bratcher Jones, a North Carolina resident, in 2016 also filled out a one-stop application, believing she was able to vote even though she had served time in prison for felony assault and was out on probation. A section of the same form asked whether someone who had committed a felony had completed their probation. A grand jury in 2020 indicted her for making a false affidavit regarding the fact she was on probation — and also for saying she resided in a different county than the one in which she voted.

Sure, but Ms. Jones’ case was a shade different than the Meadows’ cases.

13 Likes
10 Likes

In a normal country misusing your office for party politics would get you thrown out of the party and investigated by your employers. Just saying…

11 Likes

I See You Good Job GIF by Luvvie Ajayi Jones

15 Likes

Fleeing ahead of more legal trouble? Doesn’t matter. Humiliating this asshole is enough for this morning.

17 Likes

His criminal trial for securities fraud has been going for years. He’s the defendant in a whistleblower case. The state bar is investigating him for violations of his law license. you’d think this shit would sink him…

12 Likes

It’s got to be a tough choice for the GOP base. On one hand, you have Paxton’s rampant criminality. On the other, Paxton is really good at “owning the libs” and trying to kill trans kids.

6 Likes
15 Likes

ohsrunningaway2

5 Likes

Granbury ISD Superintendent Jeremy Glenn, pictured at a school board meeting on March 21, was recorded telling district librarians in January that students don’t need to have access to books on sexuality and transgender people: "There’s no place for it in our libraries,” he said.Shelby Tauber for ProPublica, The Texas Tribune, NBC News

18 Likes
18 Likes

Laugh Laughing GIF by Jin

13 Likes

Kimmy Schmidt Good Luck GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

11 Likes

I figured that was all your doing!

9 Likes

(excerpt) Virginia Thomas, a conservative activist married to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, repeatedly pressed White House chief of staff Mark Meadows to pursue unrelenting efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election in urgent text exchanges in the critical weeks following the vote, according to copies of the messages obtained by CBS News and The Washington Post.

10 Likes

He should try to tear off Fucker’s wig too.

15 Likes
10 Likes

Washington state’s version of Andy Ngo, I guess.

3 Likes

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) called it “kind of misogynistic” to suggest the Justice should be impacted by the actions of his wife.

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

15 Likes

A former coal company executive was arrested today on charges of violating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), laundering funds, and receiving kickbacks as part of an alleged scheme to pay bribes to government officials in Egypt in connection with contracts with an Egyptian state-owned and state-controlled company, Al Nasr Company for Coke and Chemicals (Al Nasr).

The seven-count indictment alleges that Charles Hunter Hobson, 46, of Knoxville, Tennessee, engaged in the bribery and money laundering scheme between late 2016 and early 2020. During part of that time, Hobson was the Vice President of a coal company in Pennsylvania (referenced as Company 1 in the indictment) and responsible for the company’s business relationship with Al Nasr

I wonder if Manchin is getting a little sweaty seeing this news.

The dates are sus AF being under the trump regime. Hmmm… turns out “Company 1” is Corsa Coal located in Pa…

I just can’t imagine how Mr Hobson might have been involved in such a thing.

Company for Coke and Chemicals sounds like a lot of fun at parties.

10 Likes