Elections 2023 and 2024 (Part 2)

Continuing the discussion from Elections 2023 and 2024 (Part 1) - #5078 by KowboyBob.

Previous discussions:

2 Likes

Joy and rapture: we still have more election campaigning to go, and we’ve already burned through the first thread.

9 Likes

Buckle up, y’all…:muscle:

15 Likes

Not that they won’t try anyways, but this is a good thing!

Her lawyer, who works for the Trump-aligned America First Policy Institute, argued that individual board members can vote against certifying or decline to certify certain buckets of votes as long as the board as a whole still moves to certify votes that are “correct.”

And, gee, I wonder which “buckets” might be subject to such added scrutiny?

13 Likes

I voted yesterday, for Harris/Walz.

17 Likes

I’m trying to imagine if Biden or Harris told their supporters to get and vote on January 5th.

6 Likes

Da fuq?

‘Would you rather have the Black president or the white president?’: Yup, Donald Trump just said that out loud

10 Likes

I’ll take the person with actual experience and sanity over the crazy, bigoted, orange, sexual predator, Alex.

11 Likes

Good news from Georgia regarding the efforts of those who are trying to set up the next big election denial scheme.

8 Likes

Recorded live, but he was 45 minutes late so his part starts about 1:15:

5 Likes

Jimmy Carter made it!

https://meidasnews.com/news/jimmy-carter-achieves-his-goal-lives-long-enough-to-vote-for-kamala-harris

14 Likes

Stretch goal: watch her get sworn in!

Though one could hardly blame him if he chose to check out earlier. He’s certainly earned the rest.

12 Likes

I was thinking about him as I put my ballot in the mail yesterday, wondering if GA has mail-in/early voting.

9 Likes

The local station said that people are already sending in their mail in absentee ballots and early voting started today… I think we plan to go later this week to vote at the nearby location…

9 Likes

He’s not even bothering to dog whistle. Full on fascist.

7 Likes

But the interviewer held him to account, and you can tell there’s one group of cultists cheering like they’re at a football game but the rest of the room is silent. What he’s saying goes against the professional knowledge and common sense of actual, functional business owners, so he’s not scoring any points with this.

7 Likes
6 Likes

Even the people who think it’s a good idea have a difficult time explaining why we should have an electoral college for choosing a President and not, say, a governor.

If the idea is that people who live in sparsely populated areas need to have more protection from the tyranny of densely-populated areas, then why not make the votes of people who live in rural counties count more than the votes of people in big cities?

4 Likes

Don’t give them any ideas!

6 Likes

Roughly 252,000 ballots have been cast Tuesday, Gabe Sterling of the Georgia secretary of state’s office said on X. “Spectacular turnout. We are running out of adjectives for this.”

The previous first day record was 136,000 in 2020, Sterling said.

4 Likes