Elections 2023 and 2024 (Part 1)

Democrats set to vote on presidential primaries that could bump Iowa

12 Likes

Thanks! A great idea!

Although the other one should stay open until the GA runoff is over!

12 Likes
6 Likes

You’re so optimistic, to be sure there will still be proper elections in the next couple of years!

Is this meant to be worldwide, or only US? Maybe add the qualifier in the title of the thread?

11 Likes

Sad Kristen Bell GIF

10 Likes

One of my least favorite headlines so far:

So annoying. Instead of celebrating unprecedented mid-term win, they’re already turning it into failure in the future. :woman_facepalming:t2:

17 Likes

I’m just matching the title of the last one

People can talk about whatever country they want

8 Likes

Usa Flag GIF by TipsyElves.com

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Pence on his Jan. 6 experience, confronting Trump and how his 2024 bid would be different | PBS NewsHour

4 Likes

Thus guaranteeing he won’t have any support from either the MAGA crowd or the ever-dwindling number of Republicans who still pay lip service to rule of law. A real tactical genius, that one.

7 Likes
8 Likes

I agree with the sentiments- but not the choice. SC is too Republican and it should be a swingier state. NC would make more sense. Georgia now. Michigan. Pennsylvania.

6 Likes

Good analysis of this move

6 Likes
10 Likes

Angry About Time GIF by Amazon Prime Video

10 Likes

Hell yes. Even though I’d have preferred a less conservative state. But the ridiculous caucuses going on forever and the state being so unrepresentative called for a change.

You can do your ridiculous caucus dance when no one’s watching. What will the teevee commentators do?

6 Likes

Yeah, it should be a state with a very diverse population. SC ain’t that, sadly. We here in GA do have a more diverse population, though, and are much closer to a 50/50 split politically.

7 Likes

Georgia makes more sense right now.

But I get that there’s some value in going for a less populace state with a cheaper media market to allow more candidates to see if they can build a following. Better chance of ending up with the strongest candidate if competition isn’t immediately shut down because you need a ton of money in a big state.

9 Likes

There’s a lot to that… the rural parts of GA is certainly cheaper, but the ATL ain’t cheap…

7 Likes

John Bolton, the onetime national security advisor to former President Donald Trump, said he is “absolutely” considering launching a 2024 presidential bid.

9 Likes