DeSantis quits presidential race and starts sucking up to Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/21/desantis-quits-presidential-race-and-starts-sucking-up-to-trump.html

8 Likes

We can only hope that having DeSantis’ vocal support helps bring down Trump in the polls.

23 Likes

starts sucking up to Trump

giphy

19 Likes

Did he ever stop sucking up to trump?

23 Likes

Trump is going to Romney him. Make him come kiss his foot publicly & give him nothing.

34 Likes

So far hundreds of millions of dollars have been spent on the 2024 GOP primaries and with only 110,000 Iowans having had a chance to participate the field is already down to just two options. After this Tuesday it will likely be over, with just a tiny, tiny percentage of GOP voters having had an opportunity to participate in the selection process. Something needs to change.

(Same goes for the Democratic primary process, but it’s usually not this bad.)

25 Likes

No surprises here. Assholes always asshole.

15 Likes

He’s done that consistently… how these jackasses haven’t figured that out yet is beyond me…

24 Likes

9d724c4b67567e0a782c8977392c0b43

24 Likes

See Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

It’s a lesson so easy, children learn it from cartoons!

18 Likes

Is ANYBODY surprised?

Didn’t think so.

7 Likes

Hopefully we won’t be seeing any more of this:

giphy

Blurred by request.

16 Likes

Time for people, regardless of your plans in the general election, to register for GOP primaries in your states and vote for Nikki Haley. Personally, I think the threat of another Trump presidency far outweighs the risk of a Haley one. And I still think Biden can beat Haley in the general election anyway.

I re-registered GOP for the California primary, as CA is a ‘Super Tuesday’ state this year, and its vote will actually ‘matter’… to some degree. Some states allow unaffiliated voters to vote in any party’s primary, or allow crossover voting from registered parties, but not the GOP party in California… must be a registered Republican by Feb 20th.

It’s not about crossover voting the primary to select the ‘worse’ candidate to run against your preferred one in the general election, it’s about selecting the best candidate for the country from that party for the general election.

4 Likes

Unless she drops out at some point in the next six weeks, which seems more than likely given how things have been going. But you never know…

5 Likes

I wonder what the exact trigger was. It’s not like I fancy his chances; but they seem about as dim now as they did previously; so there must have been something motivating him before that isn’t motivating him now that is not apparent to me.

Was a miracle supposed to occur in Iowa? Only so much to be skimmed off the campaign fund?

7 Likes

That would be bad, but I really doubt she will drop out before March 6th. I think she could do reasonably well in NH in a few days, and then there are not a ton of other primaries/caucuses before 2024-03-05. California’s delegate count alone almost negates all previously awarded delegates to that point.

3 Likes

So DeSantis is a loser and a coward. I hope he will be maximally humiliated, and end up with absolutely nothing to show for his bootlicking.

10 Likes

Could be she sticks it out, but it takes a lot of money to keep a national political campaign going that long and most GOP donors have seen the writing on the wall by now.

4 Likes

as an akward nerd. i dislike the comparison.

19 Likes

Urk. Shouldn’t that be blurred, give its frightening content?

4 Likes