DeSantis is done, probably

Originally published at: DeSantis is done, probably | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

36 Likes

Yeah, but Florida is still stuck with the facist.

36 Likes

DeSantis is done, probably

Where do I sign up to stick a fork in him so we can be sure?

46 Likes

Brace yourselves, Floridians.

Hell hath no fury like a fascist* scorned. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him tack FURTHER right.

23 Likes

He is just waiting for DOJ (or junk food diet and age) to catch up with Donald Trump so he can get the republican nomination on default.

19 Likes

Love this use of “the floating world.”

18 Likes

The Know-Nothings are fine with a pathological narcissist who’ll pander to their hatred and sense of entitlement in exchange for their attention and sucker’s dollars. Someone who’s in the game mainly to inflict pain on others gets even the MAGAts worried, as he can easily lash out at the “wrong people” as well as the “right people” if things go badly.

19 Likes

I wasn’t able to follow the reference. I get that this might be reference to Ukiyo
, but I don’t see how it connects?

10 Likes

He’s trying to create his own cadre of brownshirts.

13 Likes

In Classical Japanese works like The Tale of Genji, the floating world links specifically to courtly life surrounding the emperor. So here, the inside the beltway Washington class that are often wrong about who is actually doing well in politics are the floating world.

20 Likes

One can almost hear (…smell?) the reshuffling in the stable of grifters waiting for trump to be locked-up or drop dead (‘both, both is good’) if the heir apparent (‘aberrant’?) is really out. Can bet there’s a bit more caffinatedcocaine being handed about the Christie war-room. …really don’t want to know how the pence tribe girds their loins.

15 Likes

With chastity belts

12 Likes

you’ll probably need to put a stake through the heart to be sure.

14 Likes

Lots can happen between now and November 2024.

Never underestimate the styupidity, hatred, and desperation of the American conservative.

21 Likes

So basically, “never drink your own Kool-Aid”

9 Likes

Not quite. It’s more a question of motivation. Both lie frequently and sell BS, both follow the Costanza principle that “it’s not a lie if you believe it”, both are ok with the cruelty being the point. The difference is that one is doing it primarily because he’s a narcissist and the other primarily because he’s a sadist. The former will be on your side as long as you flatter him, while the latter might turn on you no matter your loyalty just because he wants to inflict some pain and demonstrate his power.

15 Likes

As you say, it’s important to be sure. I figured I’d just use a large fork:

19 Likes

Right up there with Scott Walker in the pantheon of candidates that the floating world thinks is the next big thing, but who turns out to be viscerally disgusting to normal people.

Always good to remember that more often than not, the ones who end up saving everyone else are the much-despised normies who look at the GOP’s plans to burn libraries, ban voting, and put parents of trans kids in prison – and immediately nope right out of that shit.

Normal people don’t want to be ruled by crazy people, and they’ll vote against the lunatics, no matter what Fox News tells them to do.

11 Likes

DeSantis is the Herman Cain of Jen Bushes

7 Likes