DeSantis is done, probably

There’s zero chance that the GOP ends up fielding anything resembling a decent human being in the general election, and all these guys need to lose, but still, it would probably be best if not too many of them drop out. The longer this primary drags on the more money and time they’ll spend tearing each other apart rather than focusing all their energy and resources entirely on Biden.

15 Likes

I’m surprised that the GQP still has something they considered “a bridge too far.”
If they think Tr*mp is easier control, I’m not sure what they can be surprised at this guy anymore but they still support him.

To me, both are leopards. It’s just Florida’s dictator showing his fangs earlier and more aggressive against the hand that feeding him than his counterpart.

2 Likes

I’ve always assumed that is what his play was. He’s such an odd human he makes “malfunctioning Westworld robot” Mike Pence seem normal. Where we have Trump and his brain puke world salad, DeSantis talks as if his words were written by ChatGPT using “ultra conservative guy” as a prompt.

7 Likes

is there any moderate GOP running for office? Or is it really going to be Trump running against Biden again?

2 Likes

As long as old age doesn’t intervene, I’m resigned to it being just that.

4 Likes

It’s all relative, of course, but by today’s low standards representative Will Hurd is pretty moderate. He’s broken with Trump and voted with Democrats on a number of issues, anyway. But few people know who he is and he stands no chance in the primaries.

9 Likes

I maintain Beschizza is the best writer on BB. :smile:

11 Likes

There are none. Any GOP you might think of as moderate has been drummed out as a RINO. They like to pretend they’re still in the GOP, but it’s not like they can set any policy or direction. They’re lucky if they can even get a sound bite acknowledged.

They would likely be better off accpeting that and splitting off from the existing party. The far right is firmly in control and they’re not letting go any time soon.

10 Likes

It’d be nice if he was done in Florida, too. Now we just have to worry about Trump getting elected, which the Republican party nationwide is going to do everything they can (legal and illegal) to make happen. As a Californian, I feel bad, because I’m just looking at other parts of the country and thinking, “Thanks to those Republican shenanigans, it’s going to be a hard slog and it’s all on you - good luck and sorry about that.”

Republican primaries (except in a few hyper-local elections) don’t allow “moderates” to get through. So yeah, it’s going to be Trump, barring something that renders him unable to run (and that won’t necessarily stop him, either), in which case it’s DeSantis.

11 Likes

What a terrifying time to be a US citizen.

15 Likes

Well, maybe Manchin.

7 Likes

Yep. We can see the fascism rising, know exactly what’s in store, and have to hope Republicans haven’t already done so much damage to elections on the state level that resistance is impossible.

7 Likes

Good job reading the room.

Eddie Murphy Reaction GIF

13 Likes

zim-dib-wrong

Then maybe stop supporting fascists like Desantis?!? People like him, Trump, etc, are the people who are bringing about “bad times”… what you call indocrtination, most of us with a brain call treating others with basic dignity… what you call “freedom” most of us would call hurting others via a dangerous illness. Sometimes the right thing to do, is to work together with others to ensure we’re all safe. Freedom isn’t about hurting others, which seems to be where you’re definition is coming from. We have a constitutional order for a reason - because it’s about protecting all our rights, not just giving white men a pass to destroy the rest of us…

Go back to Fox news or the Blaze or whatever right wing echochamber you stumbled in from, my dude. Your bullshit isn’t needed here.

18 Likes

Sure, if “freedom” equates to 87,000 plus COVID deaths in Fla. that we know of so far.

I’m ok with your choice to get sick and die in the name of Florida Freedom. Just say’n.

20 Likes

So like, are they carrying it in their arms, or…?

14 Likes

Oh my.

Do you have a pamphlet of some kind you could send me so that I can throw it away?

11 Likes

What basket will they put their eggs into next. Chris Christie?

7 Likes

He’ll just eat them.

6 Likes

Hasn’t happened yet. The stake isn’t in the heart yet, he hasn’t turned to dust.

4 Likes