DeSantis is done, probably

There are no moderate Republicans, period. Among them are are either fascists, or chickenshits who support fascists but don’t like it aired in public.

They have all thrown in their lot with neo-nazis/kleptocrats. Not a single one of them even tried to reign in the worst authoritarian impulses of the party.

6 Likes

Sure. Till he gets to David Crosby.

6 Likes

Good One Reaction GIF

When’s your next gig? I could do with another laugh.

7 Likes

It’s great that DeSantis won’t be the next president, terrible that he will go on being governor of Florida and awful that Trump will be the candidate instead.

7 Likes

I dunno. It doesn’t look good, but there is no guarantee Trump will even be in a position to run between now and then.

A lot can happen. I really have no idea who will get the nomination, but not counting anyone out yet. :confused:

1 Like

"…one unidentified donor told NBC. “There is an overall sense, including with me, that he just has not ignited the way we thought he would.”
Translated - “I guess there’s just not as many bigots like me as I thought there were. Who knew people just want government which works for everyone?”

6 Likes

Slight correction: “…boring bigots…”

He’s just not charismatic enough of a bigot in comparison to TFG.

8 Likes

Maybe they were a few years off on their climate change estimates?

7 Likes

there’s ways. just sayin’.

10 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him tack FUHRER to the right

8 Likes

I would be willing to help him ignite…

torch GIF

6 Likes

If he just waited he’d be in better shape.
Spending so much energy and time in the public eye is what’s sinking him.
Not that he has a chance in hell either way.

4 Likes

As far as I know it’s still there, chugging along like a version of the U.S. with better healthcare outcomes and fewer lunatics and fascists per capita being elected to public office but with capitalism and consumerism and banknotes still present.

I’ll go further and give him credit for being able to read.

12 Likes

Came here to see what “floating world” means.

3 Likes

A “floating world” of MAGA trash jetsam?

3 Likes

:thinking:

6 Likes

yes, fondly.

10 Likes

I’ve asked this in the past - but which of the flawed humans is the least reprehensible?

I don’t have a horse in the is race - more curious what people think.

Thx for representing.
Perhaps @VeronicaConnor will disagree (as a fellow Canuck?), but what you say is correct in its most basic form.

However - since Canada tends to have a delayed mimicry response - we are seeing a swell of anti-liberal, crypto-bro, freedom-convoy loving conservatism that is infecting and influencing many (usually) reasonable people.

The culture wars and identity politics don’t end on the 49th parallel sadly. I have good friends who have been inculcated into all this and it saddens me.

4 Likes

You make a good point.

4 Likes