"Says you!" DeSantis has no future in National politics

Originally published at: "Says you!" DeSantis has no future in National politics | Boing Boing

5 Likes

National politics? He’s done for at any level.

7 Likes

fun sees GIF

not a gram of pity though.

10 Likes

He will hang on just in case Trump drops dead due to any number of sudden catastrophic illnesses, which honestly, isn’t the worst bet in the world.

Particularly if you are playing with someone else’s money.

11 Likes

“Says you!” “So’s your old man!”

Does he get his political talking points from “Captain Billy’s Whiz-Bang”?!

edit: “…with a capital ‘wuh’ and that rhymes with ‘duh’ and that stands for ‘WOKE!’”

9 Likes

The question they should ask is, “Isn’t your candidacy based on Trump being imprisoned or at least damaged enough that you can overtake him?”. If that happens to Trump, he is positioning himself to be the fascist left standing.

6 Likes

His maliciousness and general incompetence were already plain to see when he won his 2022 reelection in a landslide. It’s really, really hard to convince a majority of Floridians to vote Democratic these days.

10 Likes

Yes, a very strange little man. That alone would sink him, Tromp’s popularity notwithstanding.

15 Likes

“Says you!”

This VERY MUCH reminds me of this iconic moment from former Trump apologist/fixer/lickspittle Michael Cohen.

says who cohen

It appears, though, that unlike Cohen, DeSantis will be proven laugably, hopelessly, COMPLETELY wrong.

5 Likes

This will be an excellent opportunity for him to finally join the private sector.

Which he doesn’t seem to have ever worked in as an adult.

6 Likes

Dozens.

7 Likes

He’s such a loser that he gets an instinctive “why aren’t you dead yet??” response from me despite not being the typical 75+ year-old Republican lich.

2 Likes

I find this kind of encouraging, honestly. What this suggests is that spewing the alt-right rhetoric isn’t enough. He’s been doing that better than anyone. He hits all the talking points and jumps on all the right new ones to rile up the MAGAs. It failed catastrophically which suggests that the MAGA “movement” is really specifically tied to Trump the man. If so, that makes the movement a lot easier to kill. When Trump goes away by whatever means, this “movement” may fizzle with him. DeSantis’ failure suggests that the cult of personality is a necessary piece, which is good because nobody else seems to have the draw that Trump does.

Not to say someone else won’t pick up the mantle when Trump goes away, but that’s a future problem that remains theoretical. Fascism never goes away of course, we just have to tamp it back down every fifty years or so. Tamping it down this time may be as simple as waiting for Trump’s inevitable coronary event.

15 Likes

Vote Clot 2024

10 Likes

Embolism/Infarction 2024. The slogan could be “Why not both?”

8 Likes

“against a nearly unelectable Democrat” - When he was first elected or when he was re-elected?

So that seems to be referring to Charlie Crist, who served as Florida Governor (as a Republican) from 2007-2011, as well as other statewide offices in Florida like Attorney General and Education Commissioner, and also as US House Representative. He’s been a Democrat since 2012.

Given that he had indeed been elected to office a number of times I’m really not sure what “nearly unelectable” is referring to, but I’m also not super into the weeds of Florida politics.

2 Likes

DeSantis has no future in national politics

Shaun The Sheep Movie Ok GIF

4 Likes

the road to el dorado friends GIF

5 Likes

I assumed it was referring to Crist, but it wasn’t clear.