Ron DeSantis is tanking so fast, he's now just a few points ahead of Ramaswamy

Originally published at: Ron DeSantis is tanking so fast, he's now just a few points ahead of Ramaswamy | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Yea maybe his numbers are going down, but they are just moving to Trump. These two clowns still have 70% of the Republican votes.

17 Likes

And I think DeSantis’ game is that if/when Trump is convicted and imprisoned, he’ll be the fallback.

18 Likes

This is neither good nor bad because Trump is still the frontrunner. But this should have been an expected outcome. All DeSantis had going for him was his war on woke and parental rights BS. He was not known to have much personality until he started to emulate Trump a couple years ago. Now that Trump is more public again and everyone has taken up DeSantis’s pet causes, what does the guy have going for him?

12 Likes

The most disturbing part of this article to me is that Log Cabin Republicans is still a thing. WT actual F brothers, sisters, and non-binary?

25 Likes

Yeah, this would only be good news if he was losing ground to somebody who sucked less, which does not appear to be the case.

12 Likes

If that happens, I don’t see a lot of GOP making the effort to go out and vote for DeSantis. Which, of course, would likely be a wonderful scenario. The more GOP who are unengaged, the better for democracy.

14 Likes

I just feel bad for the Floridians who are gonna feel his wrath after the fact. The dude is a lasher. He lashes out.

23 Likes

The lesson he’s going to learn from this is he has to become more extreme and more Trumpian. Even if he were to win the nomination (which he won’t), he’ll be saddled with such an extreme, unpopular, Very Online history that “independents” and moderate Republicans (to the extent either meaningfully exists) will run away screaming.

A lot can happen in the next year, but barring Trump actually being convicted of big-boy crimes, he will be the nominee (and if he is convicted, even then there’s no guarantee he won’t be the nominee).

13 Likes

Not to mention that his only strategy has ever been to try to make these percentage points by ruining the lives of marginalized people. :disappointed:

12 Likes

An unplugged Chuck E Cheese animatronic has more personality than Ron. He makes Pence seem human…it’s amazing.

8 Likes

I’m going to cautiously call this good. I think DeSantis could cause even more damage than Trump if elected, so his unpopularity is a relief. If he ceases to be a relevant factor, then all that needs to happen is for Trump’s crimes or age to finally catch up to him before the election. And even if that doesn’t happen, there’s hope that he’ll just lose again. Yes, it’s bad that Trump is rallying his supporters again without anyone to split their vote, but the worst case scenario would be Republicans dumping him entirely and uniting behind DeSantis.

8 Likes

He’s reaching Jeb Bush levels

6 Likes

On top of spaghetti all covered with cheese
I lost my poor meatball when somebody sneezed

It rolled off the table, it rolled on the floor
And then my poor meatball rolled out of the door

It rolled in the garden and under a bush
And then my poor meatball was nothing but mush.

5 Likes

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

I believe you mean Jeb! Bush? A candidate so exciting his own name couldn’t contain its glee.

(please clap)

6 Likes

Color me a bit surprised. The is out MAGAing MAGA, but he lacks the cult of personality.

4 Likes

A lot of analysis of changes smaller than the uncertainty in the values…

5 Likes
5 Likes

A number of gay republican groups and front groups are enumerated here.

8 Likes

Either would be a disaster but I’m just not buying the “DeSantis is more dangerous because he’s more competent” theory. Clearly he’s extremely incompetent. Plus Trump literally has a cult of millions with countless followers willing to put their lives and freedom on the line to install him as dictator for life.

7 Likes