Ron DeSantis is close to rock bottom in new poll — even lower than Chris Christie

Originally published at: Ron DeSantis hits bottom in polls

3 Likes

He came to the scene as someone who was supposed to be all the things you love about Donald Trump, but better packaging.

The problem was the packaging, dour and bland as it was. The MAGAts want the sadism and bigotry, sure, but they also want the medicine-show tout and the D-list insult comic.

The New Hampshire presidential primary — the nation’s first — will be held on Tuesday, Jan. 23, 2024.

The nation’s first for the GOP. The Dems have switched it to South Carolina, although the NH party is doing its best to cover its ear and yell “nyah-nyah, I can’t hear you, I’m gonna do it anyway!”

13 Likes

I suppose that makes sense since Chris Christie is the only one who is willing to offer even mild criticism of Trump. If you like Trump and everything he’s done, why would you vote for any of the other candidates?

13 Likes

Better get some taller lifts!

Hillary Clinton Nod GIF

11 Likes

I guess you could say he just didn’t ‘measure up’.

(No offense to the short people out there; I’m 5’'4”)

3 Likes

Yep, shit in a burning paper sack.

10 Likes

In one sense it’s too bad DeSantis has sunk so low. If he were a viable candidate just imagine the anti-DeSantis campaign ads the creative minds at Disney could come up with! [What would DeSantis try to do to Disney in retaliation? It would just provide more evidence for Disney’s lawsuit(s?) against DeSantis.]

2 Likes

What will his game plan be now when his governhatership is up, rotate though Congress?

3 Likes
3 Likes

his body language is really… unusual. maybe he’s got a problem with his back or something? or maybe he is a robot body double of himself.

maybe the legislature will change the rules again:

it’d be fun to see them do that, and then him fail. ( but really, of course, better if they don’t. )

6 Likes

FTFY.

2 Likes

He needs to reinvent himself. If only their were a group of people with expertise in stage presence and makeovers. And wearing heels.

Drag Race GIF by Emmys

6 Likes

He was doomed to fail from the beginning. GQP primary voters want the Joker as played by Heath Ledger, not the Joker as played by Joaquin Phoenix.

2 Likes

Schitts Creek Goodbye GIF by CBC

3 Likes

And now he’s prematurely declaring victory over Disney (narrator: He has not in fact won over Disney.) A desperate attempt to distract from his plummeting poll numbers?

3 Likes

Makes me wonder if he is a cousin of definitely-a-real-human Ted Cruz.

2 Likes

He’s also becoming increasingly unliked in his home state. In a knee-jerk reaction to the Surfside condo collapse two years ago, they passed a bunch of laws recently requiring all condos/hotels/buildings over a certain size to have a massive amount of updates and corrections for safety reasons.

Now, this would be good, except the laws all require them to be done in about a year from now, and Florida is filled with the buildings. Contractors are making absolute bank and there’s not even close to enough, which means even more crappy contractors are coming in, getting paid huge amounts to do terrible work (which is worse than not doing it at all) and running off.

Safety is important, but you have to consider impact of laws and Ron has zero grasp, or care, to do so. Outside of the Villages, more of Florida is looking for alternate options to current leaders. Smart Dems would seize on the very low hanging fruit of how bad Stilt Man is running the state and run on that.

4 Likes

Even heel lifts can’t help presidential candidate Gov. Ron DeSantis (Note: JFK was 6’1")

He came to the scene as someone who was supposed to be all the things you love about Donald Trump, but better packaging…

Even their pathetic attempts to evoke the visuals of another White House-as-Camelot flopped.

3 Likes

ugh! i just can’t with her.
“Tacky O”

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.