The optimal words to start a game of Wordle

I always start with BACON, because why not. One of these days I’ll get it on the first try.

4 Likes

Nope, I start with a unique word everyday, that makes the game more challenging and more fun for me! :slight_smile: And I play on Hard Mode as well. Note, Hard Mode does make it easier to deal with letters used twice, since you are required to use all the correct/partially correct letters for each guess.

1 Like

I’m using ADIEU which has served me well.

2 Likes

Hey, these are fun, thank you.
I cheated on the country one. I looked on a map after my first guess and then was like “whoops, that’s cheating.” :slight_smile:
I’ll do better tomorrow.

I start with 2 words:

• ADIEU
  • SNORT

These get you all of the vowels & the 4 most common consonants, which after those getting the right word always comes within 3 more guesses, tops.

2 Likes

I figured I’d just knock out a little more than half the alphabet by burning the first 3 guesses with:
AEONS
GUILD
CRWTH

I’m happy just guessing the word rather than shooting for the lowest number of tries. Four becomes very doable. Less, if the first word turns out to be very helpful. I’ve also found the aforementioned Scrabble Word Finder helpful for modifying the strategy as needed.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I use IRATE too. The te at the end gives you a decent chance of having some letters in the right position from square one.

2 Likes

Using your words:

Wordle 102 4/6

:green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

2 Likes

My general theory is that the vowels tend to reveal themselves. I’ve been opening with CRYPT, which served me well until yesterday, my first failure :-/

1 Like

So have people started selling nft’s of their wordle results yet?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.