The origins of mudflap girl

Also good (the cover song, not the music video)…

The lyrics lend themselves so well to such varied interpretations.

5 Likes

Any way she could be called Mudflap Woman?

4 Likes

She must be Navajo? Speaking of which, here is the most iconic hogan I can think of: Hogan by the River, which is run by my inlaws.

(the word hogan – i.e. house – is pronounced hoe-gone, and not HO-gan like the Heroes variety).

3 Likes

I prefer that my Jesuses be edible.

7 Likes

This is interesting. I always thought the “mudflap girl” was a derivative of the “bomber girl” from WWII, with the medium limiting the detail of the subject matter.

1 Like

It is very obscure
The Legend of ‘Hogans,’ the Perfect Boob Word That Disappeared (melmagazine.com)

(linked from the Mel article we are talking about)

1 Like

Don’t forget to add a set of Truck Nutz to complete the collection.

4 Likes

sam

/s

3 Likes

The only reasonable version is this one
mudflap girl 2020 copy

17 Likes

I struggled to parse this:

I’ve been sitting here wondering why the Dutch prairie settlers had particularly pink breasts…

1 Like

From TFA:

There are no records for a Bill Zinda, nor a Wiz Enterprises, nor a Leta Laroe.

2 Likes

In my redneck of the woods I have to look pick up trucks with giant testicles hanging from the hitch. There’s usually a sticker of our state which is shaped like a mitten holding a gun.

1 Like

I thought the origin was ‘Lilli’, same as with Barbie. She was a cartoon, and then a doll that truckers had in their cab. It seems a small jump from there to the mudflap icon. But I dunno.

5 Likes

hogan02

I guess.

All of these slang terms are usually obvious from their context.

1 Like

Along with Calvin peeing on (pick Ford or Chevy) and / or Calvin praying and weeping in front of a cross.

5 Likes

Forget it, Jake. It’s Chinatown Urban Dictionary.

4 Likes

I call ClickBait

“…but the actual origin of the symbol can’t be verified.”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.