I Saw This Today

Post only images from life that you have recorded yourself.

I give you: A car I saw recently that decided to exude class by trailing a Confederate flag with a burning black woman on it.

8 Likes

Also this:

3 Likes

that’s fucked up

5 Likes

Interesting. Are you sure it represents a black woman, specifically? It just looks like the [Mudflap Girl][1] to me, which, since it’s a silhouette, is generally/often shown in black (as are the many, many parodies and take-offs on it). It’s an image associated with truckers, of course. And flames are a pretty standard image for truck and auto decoration. Maybe it just means something like “Southern girls are hot!” ?? I really don’t know.

ETA: To be clear, I’m not defending it, or the Confederate flag. I would like to understand what this particular flag is actually intended to mean.
[1]: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=mudflap%20girl

3 Likes

what state is this in?

our python sniffing at my son’s door.

11 Likes

Thank you for the nightmare.

11 Likes

Not to detract from the flag, but is it zip tied to a drilled 2x4 bolted to the back bumper (sans bumper cover) of a VW Jetta? Makes my brain hurt.

7 Likes

Haven’t seen any unicorns lately, but here is a dapper dude chaser.

11 Likes

A forklift with spinner rims. Spotted in Layton, UT.

18 Likes

An ad for a Dell PC with a heretofore unknown processor
Spangrish.

11 Likes

I haz no pictures (for lo, I am useless), but today I went to a videogame exhibit in town that had a playable Space Wars cabinet and a DEC PDP8 with a punchcard terminal and everything. Also hat my first go on an Oculus Rift. Ooooooh, I want one. Loads of oddball old Japanese consoles & computers from the 80s as well.

7 Likes

Vostro was Dell’s line of small business PCs. They were supposed to come with less crapware when new.

EDIT: holy fuck, how did I miss “QUACKCORE”? Good pick.

3 Likes

Local WalMart Pain Reliever aisle.

13 Likes

here’s a guy passed-out on MARTA. you can’t see it too well, but he’s wearing a Playboy tshirt. Because this guy’s a player, let me tell you.

the guy in the background is what really makes it, IMO

7 Likes

Indiana, AKA the Upland South.

I know who/what mudflap girl is, but I’m a big believer that once you create a work of art, it becomes open to interpretation.

Technically I don’t think it’s a 2X4, and I don’t think it’s a zip-tie.

3 Likes

“It looks like I’m forkliftin’, but really I’m just standing still.”

8 Likes

Makes sense… A condom can potentially eliminate a lifetime of headaches; heartaches; pains-in-the butt; etc.

12 Likes

I’m going to have to make a song with a lot of duck samples and call it quackcore. This photo will be the single’s coverart, if you’d be so obliged XD

5 Likes

LET’S USE ALL THE HONORIFICS!

6 Likes