The Pilot Precise V5 is a great doodling pen

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/23/the-pilot-precise-v5-is-a-great-doodling-pen.html

3 Likes

This is a great pen. It’s practically the only pen I use in my notebook.

I’ve used the Pilot V5 Pen for… years and years. i really have no idea how long. It’s a great pen. highly recommended. My sketchbooks from ten years ago are just as sharp. The ink doesn’t bleed. It’s a nice black and dries quickly. It makes a great line and never skips. I really can’t recommend this pen highly enough for drawing or writing. It’s the only pen I use. It’s that or pen and ink. SUCH A GOOD PEN for so cheap.

O yeah - also they are available like everywhere for a couple dollars so there’s no fear of finding a great pen that has limited availability (or is really expensive)

I love them. A great line, and cheap. The V7 is good for a little more thickness. The only drawback is that they are water-based, so they bleed if you try going over them with water-based markers or watercolor.

1 Like

I like V7s

and did you know there’s now a retractable version with replaceable ink cartridges?
if you’re the sort of person who can keep track of your pens, it might be for you!

2 Likes

I like Pilot pens in general. Their Pilot Varsity disposable fountain pen is my day-to-day pen. I order them in bulk.

I’ll try this one for drawing. I’ve been getting more into drawing and painting lately, and this might be a fun thing to play with. (ETA: Yes, I just realized how entirely bizarre it is to think a pen is a fun thing to play with, but man, the bar is low these days for excitement, and I’ll take my joy wherever I can find it)

1 Like

Good to know! I was wondering, because I do a little watercolor, and thought they might be nice for line work.

About the only writing I do is my daily diary page, and I’ve used V7s for that for twenty years now probably.

I used these a lot through school and uni, and I did find that throwing them in and out of bags and lockers etc. I’d usually only get a year or so out of them before they’d leak horribly, but that’s down to my poor handling of them.
If it’s going to live in a pot on your desk most of the time you’re golden. Plus it’s entirely possible they’ve improved the design since then (this was about twenty years ago fuck I’m old).

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.