The Ratio Six is a single-button coffee maker that produces barista-level brew

Well, if you want to get all fancy-pants about it.

But I will give the Ratio points for claiming to be able to heat to 200 degrees. Most automatic machines don’t, and for that price, I would certainly expect it.

“barista-level brew?” Does that include condescension option? No thanks. I got that when I got married. A bit pricey, but it works on non-coffee related things too.

I’m afraid you’re overthinking this… it’s just a small electric hotplate.
(And the whole little assemblage sits on what my go-to online dictionary calls a “ceramic glass cooktop”.)

All the hot spots on the cooktop are larger than the moka pot, and I didn’t like that; it’s a waste of energy and a safety issue.
You can buy “dedicated” hot plates for moka pots if you’re willing to spend €50 or so like this one:
Screenshot_20200220-220557

Cheap as I am, I bought what is sold as a heating element for chafing dishes for €12 and unscrewed the springy bit.

The hot bits for both are identical in size, about 8 cm in diameter, and wattage. The catering equipment doesn’t look as fancy, but it does the job just as well. It also doesn’t come with an on/off switch, so I plug it into a power strip with a switch.

3 Likes

It’s induction burners all the way down.

1 Like

That’s why I earn the big bucks.

Recently I wasted far too much time trying to get one of these working on an induction burner (having never before even seen one of the latter):

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.