The richest person in every state, by industry

Well, know I know why my towns per capital income is so high. Good thing is I think he’s a decent guy from what I can tell

1 Like

Adding up the numbers in my head, I get something in the area of $800-$900 billion.

If that’s right, and if we confiscate it all, down to the last dime, it would cover the federal government’s non military spending for something like 100 days at current run rates.

Then what??

1 Like

You weren’t trying very hard.

Somehow, because he has inherited wealth, you felt the need to deprecate his inventions. That’s on you. I only hope Bob Gore or his family don’t peruse this blog.

1 Like

In GA it’s Jim Kennedy, who owns Cox, a media company:

This isn’t too surprising, as media has been a growth industry for a long while now and ATL has been a hub for the rest of the south east for a long time.

I’m not saying anything here I won’t say when he’s in the room. My family and his aren’t exactly strangers. It’s a small state.

My concern was correcting the statement that Forbes made, that implied inherited wealth had been earned. There’s a significant difference that Forbes has an interest in eliding. I spoke to that.

2 Likes

Inheritance.

Finance gets you from “rich” to “richest”, but it helps a great deal to start on third base.

4 Likes

Yeah, and the origin of that inherited wealth is usually “finance and investment,” ultimately (or at least from specific investments, .e.g. inherited property). It’s layers of wealth that don’t come from actual work… It’s the source of the divide between rich and middle class, middle class and poor. The rich and middle class inherit property, investments, the poor inherit nothing (but perhaps debts). That the myth of the meritocracy has survived in this country despite all evidence to the contrary is testament to the power of propaganda.

http://www.ginandtacos.com/2017/06/19/stratosphere/

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.