The robot vacuum can map your house with incredible accuracy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/13/the-robot-vacuum-can-map-your.html

NOO THAT ROBOT IS GOING TO STEAL LASSIE’S FOOD

2 Likes

The dog is unimpressed that the robot somehow missed that huge pile of coffee beans/dog food/rabbit poo that was right there in the middle of the floor

3 Likes

“… 1500 rpm of suction”
I’m having some difficulty in the conversion to meaning something. Who’s got the formula?

7 Likes

It’s about 8.4 sucks per revolution, this thing really sucks!

4 Likes

Is it sad that I was expecting an expose about how big suck was using the Romba to upload floorplans and floor types to their servers for some kind of nefarious yet undefined horrible security breach?

Is it even worse that I think I would have enjoyed reading that more than this ad?

4 Likes

It’s worse…

5 Likes

2is1iw

3 Likes

Hey, look! Another opportunity to bring up Surveillance Capitalism by Shoshana Zuboff! She literally uses robot vacuums as an example of wtf is happening to us!

Crosswalking precise details of your living area with all your contacts, messages, and location information! What could possibly be wrong with a set-up like that!?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.