The second book in Tim Powers' 'Vickery and Castine' series is even better than the first

Originally published at: The second book in Tim Powers' 'Vickery and Castine' series is even better than the first | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Good to hear. The embarrassing thing is I have a copy of both books and haven’t gotten around to reading them yet. I did stall a few pages into the first one (which doesn’t mean a lot–I do it all the time).

I enjoyed it. Three Days to Never was the first time that I remember him steering into this whole Hollywood thing. I liked the Fault Lines stuff also.

As far as the modern stuff like this, Declare is my favorite. It’s like Tim Powers does Le Carre’.

Call me an old crab but nothing beats the Romantic era stuff, though.

3 Likes

Thanks for this, I didn’t even know Tim had written the first one, let alone a follow-up! I don’t read his books as much as I do some other authors, but I’ve read most a number of times, and ‘The Drawing Of The Dark’ is one of my all-time favourite books, it was the first one I read, when it was first published, and it’s a book I can always fall back on and enjoy if I’m stuck for something to read.
I’m off to check these two out as ebooks, because I do most of my reading on mobile devices.

1 Like

I suppose the connection is pretty tenuous but Expiration Date is also way better than Last Call.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.