The song that’s stuck in your head right now

Their “big concert” is in June. Downtime is Christmas/New Years. They do a lot of activities with other chorus groups.

1 Like

Same here.

I’m so bummed: we used to do a multi-chorus Messiah, so we didn’t have down time then, but it was worth it!

5 Likes

TIL

I was living in Nord Rhein-Westphalia in the late-2000s, but my German wasn’t good enough to notice Kölsch when I went to Köln.

Thanks!

2 Likes

My younger self is still in shock that this sounds so great. I did not see this coming, and I couldn’t be happier.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Thanks, SCOTUS:

8 Likes

Being hit by some early internet memes:

2 Likes
5 Likes

For days since watching GOTG V3. I liked the random shuffle tunes in this one more than the previous two.

4 Likes

For some reason, the word “smithereens” keeps coming to mind…

Thanks, @Mindysan33! :wink:

5 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

You have to admit she writes a catchy song…

4 Likes

My daughter loved dancing to this when she was a baby. She’d swing her bum, and her feet would give little “soccer kicks” to match that shuffling bass line. She looked almost as surprised as we were that this was happening.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I can’t remember if I learned of Dry Cleaning here or somewhere else in my feed, but random snippets from their second-latest album have been rattling around my head for days. I don’t even know if I like it, it’s just so damned intriguing.

7 Likes

I showed a documentary about skinheads in my class this week, and my brain has been skanking ever since…

14 Likes

Could go in the cover versions thread! I do prefer the original. I don’t listen to 80s music much, I was there for it first time round, but I really enjoyed listening to Terry Hall’s 80s albums with Fun Boy Three after he sadly died. They were under rated at the time and still are.

ETA
Dandy Livingstone. I might slap the record on but we are listening to more contemporary groove right now.

7 Likes

May The Fourth Be With You Harrison Ford GIF

Done.

The specials were pretty great from the two-tone wave of ska.

5 Likes

Quite outside my favourite genres, but an ear- and heart-worm for me.
Seanan McGuire’s Wicked Girls

There’s a live version too, but the terrible audio make both music and words mostly unintelligible.

5 Likes