The Super Chicken theme

[Read the post]

4 Likes

Well. At least now I know what song will be in my head for all of July.

4 Likes

I always say ‘You knew the job was dangerous when you took it Fred’ when fellow admins grumble about oncall/weekend work. I am always happy when someone knows where that is from.

5 Likes

My favorite post-supersauce quip: “Next time, Fred, a little easier on the vermouth”

4 Likes

Jason, dadblagit, you have destroyed my killer rep as the guy who can sing the entire Super Chicken theme song! Now anybody can do it.

1 Like

Best quote in the show:

“Don’t you have super vision?”
“If I had any supervision, do you think I’d be running around dressed like this?”

8 Likes

:slight_smile: x 1,000

Quick Super Chicken! Use your super vision!

If I had any supervision, would I be flying around in a chicken coop with a lion?

2 Likes

I tellya, this show really holds up. George of the Jungle less so, and Tom Slick not at all. But for some reason, Super Chicken is funnier today than it has any right to be. Most (if not all) episodes are there on YouTube. I’ve been watching them with my kids all spring.

And yeah, I use “you knew the job was dangerous when you took it” just about weekly, in many contexts both personal and professional. There’s wisdom coming from that well-mannered beak.

“I’m glad nobody was here to see that.”

“Did you miss, or did the stove blow up?”

I mean, jeez… why does a gag like this still even work?

Hmm. Seems the Zipper lives in Tujunga, CA. Looks legit.

2 Likes

While the jokes are groan worthy they are also clever and are still good even repeated. The Fractured Fairy Tales bits from Rocky and Bullwinkle seem to hold up as well.

1 Like

“Fred, if you’re afraid you’ll have to overlook it,”

LOVED the song, never knew what that line said.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.