The Trump administration is blowing up a religious burial site to make room for their stupid wall

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/11/the-trump-administration-is-bl.html

5 Likes

30 Likes

You want poltergeist? Because that’s how you get poltergeist…

29 Likes

We couldn’t expect this regime to pass up an opportunity to be simultaneously racist against two groups, could we?

32 Likes

Should have shrunk the hands.

3 Likes

It is all part of his money saving plan - have pissed ghosts patrol the border. /s

2 Likes

Wait, I thought there were laws to protect archeological finds on public lands? Anytime there is some construction or digging and they end up with bones or artifacts, they have to bring in archeologists to sift through and tag the artifacts.

If this is a burial ground, at the very least one could MOVE any remains - perhaps re-inter them on tribal lands with a ceremony. I mean this is just one idea that is better than literally nothing at all.

But Like I said, aren’t there some serious laws about removing and damaging artifacts on public land? Like my friend who got permission to look for dinosaur fossils somewhere (AZ, maybe?) stumbled onto a Native duck pot just sitting on the ground. He didn’t even TOUCH the thing, He marked it with GPS and alerted the proper people who had a team out there to catalog it the next day. An incredibly rare find.

9 Likes

That won’t work. Most Hispanics have some native blood, so they will just wave their cousins in.

4 Likes

Which federal agency is supposed to enforce that, and who did Trump appoint to be in charge of it?

6 Likes
6 Likes

Yeah, but the law is the law. Though perhaps my understanding of the law is off.

But if I am right, this can and should be challenged in court.

If your or I disturbed artifacts on public land, we would be fined and or jailed. You can be fined for taking petrified wood off of public land.

7 Likes

Scarcely worth reporting as “news”. They will gladly blow up the living also if they dare to get in the way.

1 Like

Only if someone enforces it. Or is allowed to talk about it.

22 Likes

Since when has pesky things like laws ever stopped this president?

21 Likes

At this late point, after all of the indignities and horrors inflicted on natives, we have to conclude that they do not, in fact, have any curse power. Unless they’re playing the very long game, whereas we all eff up Mother Earth and are eliminated. That one’s assured.

5 Likes

Fixed.

3 Likes

6b86bbe6-e9cf-4aa7-a221-1bce78932ebe_text_hi

4 Likes

Fake News. Some congressman says he “fears” that blasting “could” disrupt burial grounds located nearby. "Asked whether he’d confirmed the blasts had damaged sacred burial sites or whether that was something he feared would happen, Grijalva said, “It’s more of a fear, given the behavior and given the lack of consultation, given the lack of concern.”

1 Like

Welcome1

10 Likes

Obligatory:

Ned?

Welcome to Boing Boing, new comrade!

16 Likes