The Ultimate Scratching Post was designed to be the central axis of your home, around which all things revolve

Originally published at: The Ultimate Scratching Post was designed to be the central axis of your home, around which all things revolve | Boing Boing

12 Likes

I approve of the trippy store-type posts; do go on!

12 Likes

… I was going to ask if everything was all right. Was there someone we should call? …

2 Likes

This took the sting out of all the criticism that scratching post has brought upon my decor.

1 Like

Cat sculptor: " I will determine the appropriate medium~"

16 Likes

Works so nice, ya posted it twice.

Seriously, tho, this is an extremely effective and well-built scratching post. I’m on my second.

3 Likes

This almost feels like satire of the BBS/Stack Social ad copy.

It’s under 3 feet tall, so still quite small. I’d want an Ultimate scratching post to be at least 5 or 6 feet tall

3 Likes

I got one since, when I tried a wound-rope scratching post, my kitten scratched all the way through the rope so it fell off. This one has lasted for six or seven years now.

(Yes she’s fourteen years old. Yes she’s a kitten, and she always will be.)

But what’s with the weird megapixel halftone graphic?

3 Likes

The listed scratcher is a bit smaller than I was imagining. I was thinking of a round home, maybe a yurt, with a central pole in the middle - a floor to ceiling scratcher that bears could rub their backs on and cats could languorously sharpen their claws on. Hopefully Mark will keep us apprised if such a thing comes to market.

1 Like

Oh, it’s for cats.

2 Likes

This is the ideal home. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

3 Likes

: Readjusts dream home goals :

2 Likes

Do they do it in black with sides in the ratio 1:4:9? Asking for a friend.

1 Like

I make ours from scratch (see what I did there?) I put them where the cats want them. It hasn’t been an issue for years but the feral guy we brought in this spring likes to stretch on the walls.

They really love these disposable houses from Aldi. They love the corrugated cardboard on the floor. They cost around 8 bucks. The older cats like the cardboard, I think it’s a little softer on their old people paws.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.