The unique and hugely influential Canterbury music scene of the 60s and 70s

Love Bill Bruford’s work, saw him live with 2 different incarnations of Earthworks - when he was in his electronic kit phase, then after he’d decided that was a bad idea :grin:. Brilliant in both forms.

ETA: there was a great interview/promo I found a year or so ago done for his labels Summerfold/Winterfold, annoyingly I now can’t find the online copy - guessing it may have been taken down. I believe it was the ‘sampler and interview’.

Apropos the video from the OP - Gong are playing one of my local venues next March, think I need to get tickets…

1 Like

We saw Bruford at a club . . . 40 years ago? I think they started the set with Hell’s Bell’s, entering the stage one by one, with Bruford first starting out on drums, then the rest of the band taking up instruments and starting to play. Alas I don’t remember it clearly.

Earthworks I wasn’t so fond of, but I haven’t listened to it in a long time. I need to give it a spin one of these days.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.