The various Lego computer interfaces

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/11/the-various-lego-computer-inte.html

8 Likes

Neat! Always loved the computer screens of Lego. I got a few in my Boba Fett ships.

4 Likes

It looks like they’re playing Tempest on that one on the bottom row, second from the left.

8 Likes

I think it’s a Star Wars-inspired Death Star trench run targeting screen.

21 Likes

It absolutely is!

7 Likes

Just stopped to say how happy this little collection makes me.

2 Likes

From the headline, I was expecting something more like this…

14 Likes

The one in the centre isn’t a computer. Or if it is, it’s on fire.

There are even more here

2 Likes

Yes! And the yellow one in the top right brings back a memory or two

2 Likes

Whatever it is, if it has a “RUN” button it must be fun.

I’d call most of these instrument panels, rather than computer interfaces. I see several CRT radar position-plan indicators and aircraft attitude indicators. The one at lower right looks like a fish finder!

1 Like

Oh, man! The monitors are the few pieces I saved when I handed off my collections.
My favorite was the huge monitor from #6970, definitely pulled that one aside.

Also… holy heck, I had no idea even the window panes were going for $15. Hopefully the dozens of pounds of miscellaneous childhood pieces brought joy to the teacher’s classroom for years to come.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s not just “Star Wars inspired”, it’s from a Star Wars set.

I loved these. I would build big mission controls or War Games-style missile launch complexes with as many computers as possible.

They also has a number of 1x2 slope computer interfaces - rotary dials and CB microphones and what not.

1 Like

Sweet! I’ve got that piece still.

Vector graphics forever!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.