LEGO introduces $700 4,784 piece Star Wars Imperial Star Destroyer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/06/lego-introduces-700-4784-pie.html

1 Like

WANT.

CAN’T AFFORD.

SAD.

(Learn to understand stylization, you stupid BBS code.)

9 Likes

I like the little Tantive IV.

4 Likes

CSB
My wonderful wife went to a garage sale where they were obviously getting rid of the kids stuff since they were off to college. They had a few bins of legos and a 16oz cup. $1 per scoop they said. My wife asked “how much for the whole three Rubbermaid sized bins?”.

“Meh, how about $20”?

If you download the pdf’s of the instructions online (and make a few substitutions here-and-there) you’d be surprised at how quickly the $700 tag goes to ~$70.

12 Likes

CAN RELATE.

NEED A LAYDOWN.
HEY, BBS SYSTEM, WATCHA MEAN BY " Body seems unclear, is this a complete sentence?", YOU TEXT-SNOOPING HIGH-BROW GRAMMAR NAZI PROGRAM?

3 Likes

That was almost word for word what I was about to post.

1 Like

That’s a LOT of grey bricks.

1 Like

I’ll wait and see how much the Lepin clone costs.

I’m holding out for the $7,000 Lego Spaceball-One, myself.

8 Likes

I’m saving up for the new Slave I, it’s only 1/7th the price and then I will have all 6 bounty hunters in Lego form.

2 Likes

“Spaceballs - The Lego! Find it in the aisle across from Spaceballs - The Flame Thrower!”

2 Likes

Also transforms to Megamaid! That takes some serious lego chops to design properly

2 Likes

For me, the big thing keeping me back from Hogwarts, or the Millenium Falcon, or this is not the cost but the size. I have no room to put it on permanent display in my apartment…

Unfortunately I’ve now thought that enough times that my brain came up with a solution today: It’s frakkin’ lego, just take it apart and stick it in a tub.

2 Likes

Just wait for the 2,100 piece model of the Executor.

2 Likes

…and then you get the pleasure of building it all over again as well. Win, win. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure even Lord Vader could manage to finish the “don’t be too proud of this technological terror you’ve constructed” speech without breaking down and admitting that, regardless of its power relative to the force, it’s pretty cool.

1 Like

Why is everyone all excited about a movie tie-in toy that’s coming out literally 42 years after the movie was released!?!?

I’ll wait no more than 10 years for them to come out with a Lego model of the hab from The Martian. After that, I won’t be interested any longer.

The ultimate INNER-SPACE BATTLE (for me, anyway):

“I don’t care for LEGOs.” vs. “I want a SWISD.”

Goddamn it.

Of course I bought the Falcon, so…

goddamn it.

1 Like

21 thousand surely?

1 Like