I must have the LEGO Tantive IV

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/19/i-must-have-the-lego-tantive-i.html

4 Likes

Why does it come with a random white pair of pants? Did Lucas add a plot line around white pants in a special edition? Or did Disney making an adaption of the scary green pants with nobody inside them?

1 Like

That was the guy cut in half by the door trying to get the plans to Leia?

3 Likes

I must have the LEGO Tantive IV

Not until you clean your room, young man…

11 Likes

They are for Leia so she can sit down. She comes with the skirt brick.

9 Likes

Oh cool, lemme - TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS??!!??!!

5 Likes

I have the original half-built in the basement. It was missing a bunch of pieces (a bag?) so I couldn’t complete it. :frowning:

Woulda been cool if there were exactly 208 more pieces.

4 Likes

Is R2 not counted as a minifig?

Am disappoint. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Why does this set come with minifigs when those people would be like 50’ tall relative to this ship??Remember when Lego sets used to care about things like scale?

1 Like

No  

9 Likes

Does it come with the miniature playboy centrefold in the cockpit like the original model?

3 Likes

Happened to me once…went to Lego online and told them what was missing. They sent me the missing parts and a nice letter apologizing. That was a few years ago but if I had to guess I think they would still do the same.

3 Likes

What is that orange thing? Jar-Jar’s tounge?

1 Like

Brick separator tool. Dentists everywhere rejoice.

7 Likes

If this guy was boarding my spaceship I’d probably need a change of pants too.

vader

6 Likes

It’s a really fun build, and led to me noticing the weird loudspeaker thing on the bottom and getting some fun answers from Pablo Hidalgo and Michael Okuda about what that particular greeblie is supposed to represent.

Who is paying £180 quid for this! Its lego…

So… do you not Lego? All the big sets cost $$$. Especially licensed ones. The price on this particular model hasn’t increased in 10 years when it was originally issued. So it’s effectively a better deal now than it was then!

Not really at 40 years old i could not tell you the last time i looked at my lego, theres 4 huge boxs, in the shead, but its not been played with in years.

1 Like