Lego Dune is coming

Originally published at: Lego Dune is coming | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I hope they do a pain box/gom jabbar set. Stepping on the pieces barefoot will give anyone a taste of the trial.

16 Likes

God made Lego to try the faithful… (Saint Alia)

11 Likes

No sand worm? I am disappoint.

10 Likes

didn’t understand the Baron “minifig” (‘mini’, really?) until i reviewed the 2021 scene…

then i guess the ultra-long vat suit makes sense (kinda)

7 Likes

“What’s on the floor?”

“Pain.”

11 Likes

The Bricks must flow.

8 Likes

Futurama Buy GIF

4 Likes

What the actual whaaaat?? That’s amazing.

Has there ever been a comparable bizarrely shaped minifig before?

4 Likes

What Lego gets up to at night…

13 Likes

My son sent me the product link last night, with the message “Christmas present? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nah - not at that price!

4 Likes

I don’t think the fig is so mishapen, just on a clear stand with the loooooong cloak.

for others, there are Yoda and Grogu figs. mostly same top but smaller legs

edit: there have also been some ‘hats’ that go over the full chest and head giving a larger torso to the fig

3 Likes

It is nice your son wants to get you Lego.

9 Likes

Walking without rhythm is much easier with little round dents in the soles of your feet.

8 Likes

Last one he got me was this:

But he has more Lego than I ever had/will have!

8 Likes

The minifig is confusing and amazing. I bet that this set will sell well with collectors based on this minifig alone since it’s such an unusual piece that likely won’t be reused elsewhere

5 Likes

im at that point where I have more lego than time. so in a few years when she is of old enough, my goddaughter is getting my entire 49 years worth of collecting. Then, I start again.

7 Likes

I had no Legos growing up. My parents bought some abomination called American Bricks instead. :frowning: I rectified this grotesque error with my own son, alas, he has entirely too many Legos. :wink:

@akbar5656: My first mission when I retire is reassembling each set from the morass of bricks lurking in the enormous tub-o-bricks in the basement. I will probably spend months satisfying my OCD first, separating bricks by size/type/color. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::joy:

10 Likes

Oh, huh, you’re right, I think it’s a soft robe, not a solid piece as I was reading it at first:

But that’s also confusing, as a non-connoisseur of Lego. Are there many other minifigs with soft clothing?

3 Likes

Superheros that normally sport capes have soft capes. That’s about it.

5 Likes