The yeti is no longer Nepal's official tourist mascot because it didn't look like a yeti

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/10/the-yeti-is-no-longer-nepals.html

2 Likes

Someone is going to lose their job or at the very least not be allowed on large projects. I wonder who had the final say before they were distributed?

The Nepalese Yeti is the same creature as the Tibetan Migou, which of course is the origin of the name of the Mythos creatures called the Mi-go. So rather than an ape-like creature, they should be flying fungal monstrosities that shatter sanity by merely looking at them.

3 Likes

[Insert joke about yeti not believing that Reinhold Messner is real.]

I still stand by my original argument; looked like Andre the Giant to me.

3 Likes

They look like a fat Gengis Khan, as if he worked at Cinnabon, had a manbun, and got high- while taking a dump

Um, I’m sorry, the headline says that the statue doesn’t look like a Yeti???

2nd-doc-yeti

5 Likes

Maybe the original Yeti was just an early furry?

3 Likes

I feel bad for the artists who worked on the statues. Maybe the original idea was misguided, but it looks like they lavished enough attention on their creations.

1 Like

They could do a lot worse!

2 Likes

Could anyone prove to me that this isn’t actually the most accurate rendering ever of a real Yeti? :wink:

3 Likes

3 Likes

I believe that real yetis are at the bottom of this. They are quite wily.

5 Likes

You’ve just described Trump on Air Force One.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.