Theranos' Elizabeth Holmes charged with fraud

6 Likes

For Epipen, you can thank Joe Manchin’s daughter.

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/24/politics/epipens-congress-response/index.html

4 Likes

What? Is this correct? I get my blood tested often enough and pretty much every hospital in the UK (AFAIK) has it done in-house. My local GP sends to the local hospital to get out-patient tests done (again AFAIK - must double-check this - but only 2 lab companies in the whole of USA?)

Yeah. Me too.

1 Like

What about that rockstar board? Not even a slap in the wrist?

2 Likes

They will probably claim that they were misled, IIRC not one of them had any sort of medical background or training, and one is currently secdef…

2 Likes

Ok, but can you make one of those images where the eyes are replaced with the mouth.

2 Likes

And somehow they were all so short on critical thinking ability that this never raised any red flags for any of them…

Sorry, no can do - that’s Rob’s gig.

Capitalist meritocracy strikes again.

2 Likes

Fact: Theranos is to Thanos as Sarumon is to Sauron, therefore Theranos has pledged loyalty to Thanos. Food for thought.

1 Like

I might propose that the people involved simply should have paid more attention to whatever it is the chiropractors and homeopathy peddlers are doing. But in the end, that probably would have left them earning only craploads of money instead of ginormous fracktons of money.

Am I the only one who thinks Holmes’s eyes look crazy like Michelle Bachman’s?

Holmes’s eyes look like she’s deeply self-hypnotized even though I don’t really know I’m talking about! In order to lie at such an extreme level, she had to essentially hypnotize herself into thinking her lies are true so she can not only fool others but perpetuate her fantasy of being a tech bigwig like Steve Jobs.

That look also reminds me of the eyes of some famous male body builders/wrestlers, many of whom I suspect had little or no self-confidence until they developed big muscles, which aren’t a good reason feel self-worth or self-confidence. That weird glassy eyed self-confidence belies precarious feelings of worth barely propped up by extra layers of meat.

Please don’t encourage him.

6 Likes

I think we hit upon it in previous threads.

In this specific case, I really think the mouth needs to be replaced by an eye.

3 Likes

Let’s use this:

1 Like

Irrational exuberance is alive and well. It was much easier for some to assume a Stanford student actually invented a revolutionary bit of diagnostic equipment.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.