There were 376 cops at Uvalde waiting, cowering and roughing up locals who wanted them to save the children

On the one hand, @Mindysan33 is 100% correct that Greg Abbott is a soulless piece of shit.

On the other hand, if I was one of these grieving families I would not want that soulless piece of shit anywhere near my child’s funeral.

20 Likes

winona-thats-good-point

But seriously, this is one of the easiest aspects of the job of a governor (or president, for that matter) to get right - to act like you give a shit about the people in your state. You show up, say some nice words, pat shoulders or give hugs where appropriate, etc. It’s an easy win… and he just can’t be arsed.

12 Likes

Nice summary of legal precidents basically saying cops have no responsibility to do jack shit.

7 Likes

Everything about this incident gets worse the more we know. Hundreds of armed, equipped, “trained” cops standing around. It finally took BORTAC to end the situation, which is not surprising, because BORTAC is extremely decisive and will not stand around.

Meanwhile, from this mall shooting in Indiana yesterday, we can see, one guy who is decisive and willing to fight, can end a situation immediately.

From what I read, none of the victims’ families wanted that man anywhere near the funerals. Completely understandable.

What I am hoping to see from Abbott is an apology. Something like “I was wrong; I acknowledge the damage I did and own it; I wish to make amends; please tell me what I can do to make things better.”

10 Likes

And i want a six pack and my hair back. I am pretty sure i stand a better chance.

12 Likes

Then all is well. I do wonder if he even tried, tho.

8 Likes

I don’t want Jack shit from Abbott beyond him not being in charge

5 Likes

Or shoot one or more of the rescuers. It’s a mixed bag at best, and the balance is not in favor of the “good guy with gun” narrative.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.