There's a secret, separate US tax system that rich people use to save billions

4 Likes

Agreed. We should ALL get benefit from it, you and your family included.

Yep, yep, yeppers. Thatā€™s the truth, indeed. The ACA was deeply flawed from the start and I think it might have even made the problem worse, as it was the solution that gave away the cookie jar to the insurance cos.

6 Likes

Explain how separate is. Iā€™m perplexed.

1 Like

I think the best justification for ā€˜separateā€™ is the way at least some very rich people end up negotiating with the IRS or a judge or something and convincing them to accept their idea about how something should be taxed. Thatā€™s certainly not something regular people do (except maybe negotiating a schedule to pay some back taxes or something).

2 Likes

Oh yeah, Iā€™m with you. I mean, thereā€™s also the absurdly low capital gains tax (itā€™s not like thatā€™s earned income) and attacks on the estate tax (which has never ever impacted a regular farmer) that almost entirely benefit the fabulously wealthy

I was trying to figure out why @Israel_B said ā€œSecret & separate are both pretty much horse shit in this case.ā€

3 Likes

Because once a flat tax is implemented, these anti-tax plutocrats will suddenly decide that paying taxes is OK?

Flat tax doesnā€™t address any of the issues mentioned above, like the inheritance tax or tax havens. Itā€™s just a way to make sure poor and middle-class people make up an even larger percentage of the tax base.

10 Likes

Yup, itā€™s as regressive as sales tax, for the same reason. Now, a flat tax on anything over $100K, or double the median income or something like thatā€¦that might work.

1 Like

Right, the DNC and corporate media are actively attempting to hide Bernie Sanders from the public because they think thereā€™s no danger at all of him becoming president.

Make perfect sense.

1 Like

I know you love Bernie and all and Iā€™ll happily vote for him but there is no way heā€™s actually going to be president.

I still gave him money in the hope that heā€™ll try but Iā€™m pretty skeptical of the realities of elections in America.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œenso, post:49, topic:71347ā€]
I know you love Bernie and all
[/quote]Please donā€™t patronize me. It just makes you sound like an :cake:.

[quote=ā€œenso, post:49, topic:71347ā€]
there is no way heā€™s actually going to be president.
[/quote]Why, because the corporate media, establishment pundits and polls told you so?

Despite a hostile corporate media and establishment that literally told the DFA to reject Bernie, we won a nationwide, landslide win when actual votes were put to the test instead of bullshit polls.

The polls and punditry said this was impossible. They were both dead wrong on a laughable level.

Weā€™re here, just donā€™t count on the corporate media to tell you about us directly and /or honestly. The corporate media attempted to bury the significance of the DFA win.

It was significant due to nationwide votes that absolutely defied the currently skewed polls that so many trumpet as infallible and portend an inevitable coronation for Hillary.

The jig is up. The polls are wrong. Those of us with fortitude arenā€™t going to let the corporate media wear us down. Weā€™re energized and fighting to win.

Bye. Hope you get your life back together for the new year.

You donā€™t need to hard sell me on a candidate that I give money to and for whom I said Iā€™d vote. You just cut and pasted your reply, including graphics, from your uber Bernie thread. Unnecessary.

And that is just obnoxious.

1 Like

And I see you went back and ninja added this.

What does multiple replies of you swearing at me make you sound like.

It doesnā€™t really seem like an appropriate rage response because someone said that he doesnā€™t expect the candidate that you both have said youā€™re going to vote for to win.

Perhaps you should chill out a little and get a swear jar.

Bye, troll.

1 Like

There is no sign saying ā€œyou must be Uncle Scrooge rich to ride this tax codeā€, there is no separate line for those with filthy lucre.

It is easier to pay your tax consultant to stand in the line for you if you can afford to do so though. Then, if I could, I guess I would, considering HMRC arenā€™t even capable of answering the phone most days, so dealing with them isnā€™t what youā€™d call easyā€¦

1 Like

No, but you often have to be ā€˜Uncle Scrooge richā€™ to be able to benefit from transferring funds to Bermuda or to have enough Capital Gains that you can benefit from the ability to be taxed at that far lower rate. Most people primarily have income, for which those opportunities simply doesnā€™t exist.

Additionally, to really exploit the system, one benefits greatly from expensive accountants who donā€™t become profitable until one has a significant amount of wealth with which to exploit said loopholes.

And then of course thereā€™s the all the ā€˜trust fund babyā€™ exploits and the demonizing of the Estate Tax, which perpetuates the problem.

1 Like

Donā€™t get yourself banned, man. We need to be able to continue our measured discussions! Yes, you are being trolled, but it ainā€™t that bad dude. My suggestion: delete all your above stuff unilaterally and give me some time to respond in the other thread. (Later today: Iā€™m on kid duty all day.). Sound like a plan?

:cake:

6 Likes

Still neither ā€œsecretā€ nor ā€œseparateā€ as a tax system.

A less hyperbolic headline would be ā€œRich people are smart enough to work the tax code to their advantageā€ but Cory seems incapable of non exaggeration when it comes to any of his pet peeves (wealthy people, musicians, copyright, intelligence agencies, etc.)

Conspiracies are more fun. I bet you are part of the anti-conspiracy conspiracy, trying to make everything seem legit so that you can continue your secret, separate illegitimate activity!!!

2 Likes

Shhhhh! Its supposed to be a secret (otherwise it wouldnā€™t be a conspiracy!)

3 Likes