These AI voices are scarily good

Originally published at: These AI voices are scarily good | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Gee, they might be good but there is no sound of taking a breath. Like spotting the fake people pictures generated by AI, this would be the area to focus for identifying generated voices.

4 Likes

Love to hear it having a go with a South African, Australian or Kiwi accent!

4 Likes

It’s nice to know that in the future, when we humans are dust, our machines will still be producing content.

3 Likes

Have you heard Infinite Conversation? Not the accents you’re asking for, but they’re some good accents.

3 Likes

I have now!

I think this AI model is taking the piss. Almost verging on a little racist in it’s stereotyping. Thank god they will never rise up against us humans!

1 Like

That’s the least of its problems. I just tuned in for a minute to hear the AI Werner Herzog fantasizing about what he would do in the hypothetical scenario that he was locked in a room, holding a handgun, with five naked women in the room. And the Slavoj Zizek AI was explicitly talking about getting great pleasure from fantasizing about murdering someone. If I were one of those two people I think I’d politely but firmly ask the website owner to stop using my voice.

3 Likes

I do this thing where I speak vocal gibberish into my phone and have it transcribe what it thinks I said. Primarily I use this to get short phrases to use as titles for bits of instrumental music I make, instead of just calling them things like “Jam #58” or whatever. I fed a bunch of these gibberish transcriptions into the elevenlabs voices and it made for a nice sort of beat poetry slam: Dropbox - gibberish beat poetry slam.wav - Simplify your life

2 Likes

Cool, daddy-o!

3 Likes

I believe this is one way to ‘jailbreak’ online AI apps from their in programmed ethical responses. Instead of directly asking how to ‘make a bomb?’ you prompt the AI to role play a person that may make a bomb and then ask how that person would make a bomb.

Perhaps this is a crock but I’d love to hear any comments around this.

1 Like

I think this fellow has had a hard enough day frosting sponge cakes with chocolate gnash without having trouble with the car.

2 Likes

Oh, wow! I’ve never heard anything like that whenever I’ve dropped in. Last time I listened the two voices were debating the possibility of a Cinema of the Invisible.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.