These are the GPUs that bitcoin vloggers dream of

Originally published at: These are the GPUs that bitcoin vloggers dream of | Boing Boing

1 Like

Ugh, Fucking crypto bros.

12 Likes

By now couldn’t they “profit” by designing their own specifically targeted heavily parallel processing GPU (perhaps sans the ‘G’) and leave the actual graphics processing to those of us who want to do actual graphics processing? (“Well, you could just get a motherboard with an integrated GPU, them bitcoineers sure as hell don’t want those”) -sigh- BtKnPU6000x!

3 Likes

You mean ASIC miners? They are higher reward, higher risk as I understand but I play video games and don’t really wonder why I can’t buy an ASIC miner to kill zombies with.

5 Likes

Historians living in the sealed and guarded elite northern city-states of the mid-22nd century will have a field day with videos like this.

3 Likes

In the end of the day I want a fucking 3090 and can’t because scalpers and fucking crypto bros and then I get to see wish.com copy paste fursonas being sold for thousands of dollars as NFT’s and I hit “I can’t even”

3 Likes

I came up on a hot rig with a 3080 a couple months back but I must be doing it wrong, I only play video games with it.

2 Likes

Christ, what a bunch of crypto-arsehole.

Can’t we get quantum computing so that all of this crap bursts like an over-ripe boil?

1 Like
1 Like

What percentage of non-ransom malware these days is aimed at crypto-mining?

1 Like

I just want anarcho-communism today, so their dunning-krugerrands are worth nothing forever.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Indeed, when it comes to these, and many other sorts of assholes…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.